Get anything fun for Christmas or other holiday?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Mike@TTR, Dec 25, 2010.

1. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I'll start it off I guess. I got a nice 2 piece tool box for the house from my wife. It is a Craftsman ball bearing upper and lower set! I was pretty excited. I'll post up a picture later.

I got her a Roomba Robotic vacuum, a boost gauge for her LGT and some earrings.

2. Kakies

Kakies New Member

[​IMG]

:D

Drew wins though...he got a GT snuggie, lawl

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

I got a turbo and a battery operated Gojo dispenser

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Milwaukee Li-ion cordless drill. Way excited about this one.

And some bacon chocolate.

5. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I got 60$.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

18v or 24v?

7. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

a new dremel

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

nothing fun...but the funds to get the suby back up and running:naughty:

9. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Hey that is fun though!

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

sweet dana, just got mine back!
    This is the BEST Christmas ever!

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

all I really wanted was one topfeed TGV for Christmas

12. blaster

12. Compact. Still a huge upgrade from why I had before.

13. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

You mean your hand operated drilled? :wavey:

14. blaster

Might as well have been.

15. Alex

Mr. Claus brought me a new AVR and some blu-rays. I know what I'll be doing tomorrow...in addition to ordering 6 new HDMI cables, banana plugs, speaker wire and optical cables.

Gave the lady a kindle and some other fun goodies. The screen on the Kindle, by the way, is pretty dang amazing. I hadn't actually seen or used on in person before earlier in the week.

16. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

Yes it was. Good seeing you Rick

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

my cousin got a kindle as well and I was messing around with it today. It's pretty awesome. It's like an etch-a-sketch but not at the same time.

18. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

DBA 4000 Slotted rotors for the Brembos

19. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

If you want you can go to Frys and get all that stuff, I know I can get a good deal on the cables and wire.

20. Fox V2 helmet and chain and sprockets for the CRF450, hell ya!

21. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I got:

keurig coffee maker - http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?SKU=118326&RN=2004&

two tickets to the penguins/thrashers game in april (always the last home game of the season) - 13th row behind the thrashers bench.

and that's it so far. haven't done Christmas with the parental unit yet. She fled the country.

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

A canoe and one nasty broke forearm.

23. STiBottom

STiBottom Member

Hrmmm... 6 day trip to Breck, beats ear buds, Lib Tech board and all associated accessories, new golf clubs.

Not a bad xmas I'd say

24. b reel

b reel Active Member

Arm wrestling midgets again?

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

How did you know breel?

26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's what happened...

my niece got a go cart for christmas but she couldnt reach the pedals. i took her for a ride. needless to say i was entirely too big for it and my foot got stuck on the brake in mid turn. because i was too big the go cart tipped on two wheels and the rollcage on the cart landed on my forearm. snap snap and my hand was actually touching my elbow. had surgury yesterday with rods and pins etc.

27. Alex

Wowza. Sounds like that hurt!

28. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I got a XBOX 360S/Kinetic bundle since my original xbox360 got banned from Live:( Plus COD Black Ops and some dance party game. They are still all sitting by the tv in the box:( Didnt have time to hook it up.

29. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Please tell me you didn't say "Hey y'all watch this" before you took off.

If you ever catch yourself saying it, immediately stop what you are doing and reevaluate the situtation.

30. b reel

b reel Active Member

new meaning to hand brake failure.

31. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

No I didn't say that. I'm glad my niece is ok and that she learned that go cart can hurt ya. My brother said we were on an incline that had all my weight shifted on that side and when the brakes locked up it made it tilt. Yes that hurt badly ax o was holding my forearm in place all night until surgery.

32. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Black-Ops and a fancy electric razor.

33. b reel

b reel Active Member

so now you got some TI and SS parts for your arm, are you going to get Alex to make a matching Alcantara sling for you while you're on the mend?

34. Alex

And blue the titanium while he's at it? :rofl:

35. Jake

Jake Active Member

wait doc, before you put that in there can you take a torch to it?

i got a bunch of clothes and $50

36. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

xbox kinect, one of the last sets of puma cabanas (being discontinued, and they are loud as fuck), aged bourbon (van winkle), cash

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I dunno if I got Ti or SS. Will ask the doc on my followup on Jan 11. Today arm feels like a fire in one spot...said that's normal.

38. b reel

b reel Active Member

turn the volume down the that bone stimulator

39. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Dang man, hope everything turns out ok with no permanent damage.

40. motomark

motomark Loudest fuel pump Tucker Supporting Member

I'm glad I DID NOT get whay my wife has she puked for 2 days straight starting Xmas eve and now she has the runs. Nasty bug running around.

Wife and I bought ourselves a 42" 1080P 120Hz Vizio LCD for cheap (Dell Cyber Monday deal) and a Sony Blu-ray player BDP-S370.

This Blu-ray player is, to be frank... bad ass. Was less than $110 shipped. Hook up an Ethernet cable and it streams from your Netflix Instant Queue, supports Hulu Plus, several different video on demand services. Includes a pretty slick youtube interface. Includes lots of semi-useless links but I did find "Stripes" on the Crackle video link. Very user-friendly, easy to setup. I was very impressed with it wired... wireless I have heard mixed reviews of it's streaming capabilities. In general, Sony products have not impressed me much, but the Bravia Internet Video is pretty much ready for primtime and they definitely hit a homerun at this pricepoint. 1080P and Blu-ray is pretty nice- rented "Toy Story 3"- everyone enjoyed.

Our almost 2 year old Vivi got a Thomas the train table. She is obsessed with it. LOL I put her to bed and she sobs/begs... "Play trains..."

41. nygiant

nygiant Member

i got nothing. i was super excited!!

:|