Cobb Tuning Releases Accessport for 135/335!!! **Press Release

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Interesting news...thought a few of you guys might be interested to know.

[​IMG]

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Better than your other software?

3. techlord

techlord Active Member

probably but the OTS can't hold shit to Doug's tune just looking at the graph.

4. slade1274

slade1274 Member

So, what impact will this have on TS tuning on the N54 platform? Easier/quicker loading of maps?

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The power will be in ability to scale for bigger injectors. That means turbo upgrades!

6. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Do they ever?

Also take into account the particular Dyno that is recording said numbers....

From 1addicts.com

[​IMG]

From Cobb site

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Slade dont just read the peak numbers......look at entire curve....esp top end

8. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Yep, I get that- hence my initial comment.
    I just copied the graphs so all could see an actual comparison and come to that same conclusion.... bottom line is it is a great option but will yield the same gains as any OTS tune- a safe "one for all" tune. Pro tunes have always and will always yield better curves and better peaks as they are tailored to each car.

My dyno comment is actual as well because we all know those do have real world different readings even with the same tune.:)

Cicio:
    Let me know if you need one to play with the software- I can have an 08 135i M6 over anytime. :naughty:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2011
  9. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Cobb keeps hitting home runs. Glad they are joining the BMW community now.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

que???? No such thing.

11. techlord

techlord Active Member

You are right they never do but not knowing what doug used for tuning prior is what led to my comment. Anyways good to know there is the option for the bimmer crowd. Although i plan to ditch the my cobb and go OS.

12. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

2008 135i Manual 6-Speed.

noob.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

There is a ///M6 so that threw me......esp when I'm looking at the wheels of one for my car :lol:

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Glad to see them expanding :)

15. I am pretty sure Cobb is going to one up our current software once they actually come out with the ProTuning software. They are say 2 months on that.

This is correct...OTS won't make as much power, but there will probably be a lot of limiting factors removed once they come out with ProTuner

Yes/Yes/and probably open a WORLD of possibilities with bigger turbos and such.

You bet!!

P.S. I WOULD CONSIDER A TEST CAR!!! The TopSpeed 135 is actually in the body shop....

16. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

guys... the software I am currently using requires alot of work to get it right. I am sure like all Cobb AP's the software will be so easy to use even a cave man could do it. :)

Like any OTS map there will always be something left on the table... the interesting part will be the custom protuned maps.

Edit: Seems Cicio just posted the same thing as me.... good to know we were on the same page.

17. slade1274

slade1274 Member

Just let me know if you need one and what you propose! - :naughty:

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

For the amount of power you gonna end up with......just do it as the $$$$ will be worth it.

19. Lazy copy paste from the BMW forums :)

After years of working with Cobb Tuning we wanted to be the first shop to first hand test the new BMW Accessport! We started using Cobb when they were strictly Subaru, and have stuck with them through the years. We now use there software to tune Subaru, Mitsubishi, Nissan GT-R, and Mazdas!

You couldn't ask for a better group of guys, or better technical support than you get from the guys at Cobb Tuning! If you are unfamiliar with them rest assured they are one of the leading companies in the performance industry!

As many of you may know we have been tuning the turboed BMWs for almost a year now using our own software. However we are very excited to jump on board with Cobb and can not wait until they release their AccessTuner software to the US ProTuners! At that point we will be able to create a custom map for each specific car to optimize its performance! Cobb always leaves a little bit of power on the table for us ProTuners ;)

As usual we were pleasantly impressed with the BMW AP! The install on the car went very easy and quickly! The handheld interface is easy to use and learn. It gives you the ability to log, check and reset codes and much more.

The tune itself is just what you would expect from Cobb and a STG1 tune. Power delivery is like stock only more of it :) Throttle response, tip in, fuel trims and boost levels are all solid and very safe!

One of the other great things about this devise is that you can simply uninstall it from your car, the AP loads the original map back on your DME and vanishes :) Like it was never there. *wink

Please feel free to email or PM us with any questions you may have! These are IN STOCK and ready to ship.

MSRP: $895

Here is the baseline and Cobb STG1 flash overlaid in a graph. This was done within minutes of eachother! The car never even came off the dyno between maps.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice.....now only if they would expand to S54 Ecu so I can custom turbo the M3.....lol But that isnt gonna happen as they wouldnt make money like the turbo platforms.