Hell has frozen over.

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Trey, Jan 11, 2011.

1. Trey

Trey Active Member

2. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Lets see how many Droid users switch to this on VZ network. if they did a trade in program for ATT customers with 3GS, I would consider.

3. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I won't be hopping on board until I can access data and be on the phone at the same time. Which means I'll be waiting until the LTE version of the verizon iPhone.

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

trade in program :rofl:

no one wants that pile of shit 3GS.

5. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Wont make a diff. It'll just shift some Driod VZ users to Iphone users.

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

how can they even bring the iphone over if their network still cant handle simultaneous data and calls

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

i can do that with my iPhone 4?? i've done it plenty of times. googled something while in a phone call.

edit:may have been on wifi, not sure if that matters

and im pretty sure im switching, just wanna let the mania cool down first and make sure they aren't about to release another version of the phone over the summer 2 months after i buy this

8. longfury

longfury Active Member

It is a limitation of the CDMA network Verizon uses. When Apple put a CDMA chip in the phone, it killed off that functionality(phone and data at the same time) that it had in the GSM AT&T network.

9. Matt

CDMA has the capability of voice and data at the same time. The carriers choose to not have it on the network because it strains the network too much, one of the biggest issues with at&t.

How many people do that on a regular basis, anyway? I'm talking about daily. I'm willing to bet not too many. It's just a feature.

10. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I wouldn't say I do it daily. But for the times I do it, it's really important to me.

11. nygiant

nygiant Member

its hella important to me. just for the sake of being able to do it if i need to.

12. John

John Active Member

yeah that makes a big difference

Android FTW! lol

I've hacked my T-Mobile HTC HD2 (Windows phone) to run Android. Verizon blows

13. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

The droid market just got dealt a crushing blow...

14. Trey

Trey Active Member

If this happened a year ago I would agree but android has gained huge momentum to just dissapear.

15. Matt

please, tell me why the Nation's LARGEST and most reliable network....blows.

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

i dropped tmobile when i had ZERO service, in their main sales center in the middle of savannah.

17. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

How's the Kool-Aid taste?

18. Matt

like cherries. :)

I'm "quoting" the tech blogs in saying that though.

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

all about location. here verizon does blow.

20. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm tempted to get the device just to dump iOS and run Android on it ;) Gotta love that HQ screen!

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

You dont love the soled screen? Imho its heads above slcd.

22. Deke

Deke Active Member

Granted, I'm no phone junkie (I generally keep a phone for the two year contract and then upgrade), but Apple/Verizon dragging their feet on this has given time to secure a special spot in my heart for Android. I'm not saying I won't give whatever version of Iphone is around a year and a half from now a look, but Droid is already going to have a head start in my book.

23. Matt

you mean amoled?

24. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

No thanks... I'm waiting for the Bionic... Tegra plz....

25. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

soled = super oled missed the am :)

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

No, I <3 the AMOLED on the Fascinate. But I'll want something else once the 1 year contract is up :)