Did Topspeed get a new 2011 STi Sedan??

Discussion in 'General Community' started by sharif@forged, Jan 20, 2011.

1. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

On my way home I saw a clean black 2011 STi sedan at the Mobil station on Barrett Parkway. I pulled up next to it and asked the driver how long he's owned it as it had fresh temp tags on it. Turns out it was the salesperson just filling it with fuel before delivery. I asked him who the lucky new owner was as I was digging into my glovebox for some business cards. His response: Doug from Topspeed. Needless to say, I put the cards away. Congrats Doug....you're going to love the car...trunk and all. :clap:

2. longfury

longfury Active Member

I had been looking into buying that car. I liked the minimal options and I liked the options it did have.

There was just one problem...it was black and I didn't want a black car. I wish it has been silver or white. If it had, I would have bought it about 2 weeks ago. :p

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Should've stuck a business card in there....lulz

4. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Nah, not my thing. Matt's done that a bunch of times to me at Andrettis when he used to work at TS. :)

5. tolnep

tolnep Member

both of you guys are getting a 2011 STI sedan and moding it. i am very interested in what you guys do as a modified/tuned sti might be something i would look into buying eventually. stock it doesnt have enough, but modified it might be enoug.

most curious about what turbo back is available and what kind of results you can get out of a tune with only the tBE being replaced as step one.

as it sits from the showroom floor it doesnt have enough for me. but a tbe and a tune might make it acceptable.

if i did buy one, i would not want to do anything more than a TBE and tune. down the road additional mods might be in order but that would come later.

im also curios if the stock fuel system can take an e85 tune without changing the injectors.

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

LOL, I kept telling him to just go get it. Did he get the limited or the regular?

7. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

Hey ... what's that white elephant doing in the corner over there?

[​IMG]

8. longfury

longfury Active Member

Unless SoK got another STI in, it is the regular base model.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

If what Shariff said is true.......getting ready to spank that azz.

Just a little friendly competitive urge...lol

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011
  10. They had a limited they just got in lastnight is what I heard. Not sure if I like the leather in an STI tho...doesn't really fit.

awwww....that Elphant is cute ;)

11. longfury

longfury Active Member

Well then, there you go!

I had saw that they were expecting one from their online inventory, but did not know if it had arrived.

Did Doug get the limited?

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

im assuming a TS endorsed thread will ensue...

patience

13. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

It's all in good fun :)

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Indeed :wiggle:

Yet many won't think so :)

15. Decker@Forged

Decker@Forged Member

of course of course

16. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Time to upgrade my sig.:)

17. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Certainly exciting for the two of you :)

18. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

lol..

19. longfury

longfury Active Member

So which one did you get Doug?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You need a dictionary...

21. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Answer a few questions.

I looked at both... wasn't really digging the limited's leather seats and sunroof so I passed on it, and got the non limited black one.

I am not sure yet how I am going to build this one. I could build it just like I did with my last 08sti... you know built motor, AMS rotated turbo kit, fmic, Stoptech brakes, chassis bracing, suspension, aggressive wheels and tires... etc

All of that was really cool but I have been there and done that, so what does it prove just doing it over again. Plus it seems to be an easy combo to copy as of lately ;)

So I will be doing this one a bit different, I guess everyone will have to wait and see ;)

Expect a full post on it soon.

22. longfury

longfury Active Member

Since you got the non-limited, I guess there is no need for me to go by there and try and buy it. :rofl:

I had been talking to them about that car lately but had not made up my mind yet. I am just too slow on these things. :) Makes my choice as to if I am going to get a 2011 anytime soon pretty easy(meaning I am not going to).

23. Doug@DBW Motorsports

I would still call there and talk with them... Luis is the man there and has the best deals possible on them. Just call and tell him I sent you, he beat everyones prices and then some.

24. longfury

longfury Active Member

I bought my 08 STI from Louis. :)

I had made up my mind that if I did not buy by the end of the month I was going to just sit and wait and see what Subaru does for 2012. Unless, I got a deal I could not pass up. :)

25. longfury

longfury Active Member

Just as a side note. I am still going to stop by and chat with him and see what he has coming in over the next few weeks.

26. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

The limited isn't worth it in my opinion. If you're after "leather seats" there's better places to purchase them from than Subaru.

27. longfury

longfury Active Member

I totally agree, Alex. I would want a base model like the one that Doug got. I would prefer it in silver or white but I had talked myself into black.

28. Doug@DBW Motorsports

White would have been my other choice.. but yea go talk with Luis at SOK

29. longfury

longfury Active Member

I talked to Louis tonight. I now have a 2011 Silver STI sedan on order with a delivery in March but they expect it before March(I don't, but hey someone has to be optimistic). :naughty:

30. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

I agree 100%.