Tax time!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dheim96, Jan 27, 2011.

1. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I am getting more back then I thought which means that I get to spend more on the subby!:banana::banana:

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Is it true fed taxes are held and not being processed until Feb 15th?

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

pulling a cauli-forina are they?

4. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I thought only certain deductions would cause you to file after that date. I think if you don't have those deductions then you should be able to get your money right after you file. I could be wrong.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I paid over 15k in taxes last year...I want at least half of that shit back!

6. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I just e-filed using TurboTax Basic 2 nights ago, my refund was approved the next business day, and I should have the $$$ via direct deposit late next week. :D

Going to save 1/3 of it and put 2/3 towards a tune, finally.

Ouch!

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's my money and I want it NOW!

8. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

:rofl:

[​IMG]

The only damn commercial who's phone # I can recall on demand. :|

9. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

We're looking forward to our homebuyer credit, but that'll probably just go back into repairing the house the next time someone breaks in.

10. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

i'm prob going to have to pay more. I cant file till the 15th anyway.

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah i think i have to wait till the 31st. they aren't sending out student loan payment tax info until then. which means i probably won't get it till the 15th either. i have all 3 of my w2's though.

i think all together i made (or claimed (server)) $22k. hoping to get ~$1500 back.

12. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I have about 3k to spend on my car!!:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

13. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Just federal?

14. Matt

combined. Fed was close to 10k

15. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

estimated tax refund -$1256 LOL.

16. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

I take it GA has a state income tax...?

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I heard Feb 18, but it's only if you itemize your tax return. I've already filed mine, received the state in less than 48 hours. Federal I'll have to wait on, but it's already filed.

Having a house in your name with roommates is sweet. I file 10 points on my W4 the majority of the year and still get a refund back

yeah, 7-8% depending on county

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

also, if you have someone like HR Block or Jackson-Hewitt do your taxes you can have them do a refund anticipation loan and (like last year), get your money that day. Granted they charge you a little more but to some people its worth having the money that day. basically you sign your tax return over to them. they give you a loan based on what they think you are getting back and then when it comes they keep it.

19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ive got a question about this:

(1) Did you tell your homeowners insurance that you have roomates? Because mine told me my rate would go up like mad.

20. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

I hope my refund gets in my bank soon.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2011
  21. 07Ltd#767

Technically our house is filed as a condo, so we don't have a homeowners insurance per-say. Our HOA covers exterior, my insurance covers everything wall to wall. I assume I did, as I had a roommate when I first got the policy and was unaware of this at the time (therefore, nothing to hide).

22. Alex

I'm changing over from State Farm to Liberty Mutual with the new car and was talking to my new agent about "renters" and they wouldn't even write the policy. Apparently owning a home and having someone rent a room moves you into this odd pseudo business realm. I havent started my personal taxes so Im not sure if its worthwhile to file on the income received from said roomate.

23. Matt

I've never claimed any roommates rent on taxes.

24. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

new car?

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

[removed]

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2011
  26. Alex

You didnt catch the FB update I take it?

27. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Doh, just saw it.

28. Alex

:wiggle:

29. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

Any money I get back is going straight to savings

30. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah similar situation happened with a member on here. his name will stay hidden for his protection, lol. his wife went to insure her new car and the insurance company asked her if she was still married to which of course she said yes. well said member's driving record isn't too great and the company told her that as long as she was living under the same roof as him they weren't going to add any more vehicles to their policy. so she called another insurance company, they asked her the same question. this time she said 'nope, we're separated and have been for some while now'.

31. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

win!

32. techlord

techlord Active Member

all of mine will go to paying taxes on the house. Right before Xmas...damn cobb co

33. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

All mine returns are going to house additions.

34. 07Ltd#767

in typical fashion, mine went to nicad, wrxin8or and I taking girls out downtown and getting tore up...

It was a hell of night, kokopelli even offered up the lawyer he knew

35. Alex

That's why I have an escrow account...for now. I'd rather not, but it just makes my life significantly easier.