Rhino ramps question

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Dheim96, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Does anyone know if a stock ride hight 06wrx will clear rhino ramps? Or do I need something to extend the length of the ramp?

2. lostinthewoods

lostinthewoods Frisco Tx Baller

put a 2x4 or another piece of wood in front of it if you have any clearance issues.

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

This is the trick. Although, at some point you just cannot clear ramps as the incline is too steep and the front bumper will catch -- e.g. lowered + front lip. I have to put the car on wood before I can fit a jack underneath it if the V-limited is mounted ;)

4. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Does anyone know of any ramps that would work without using a piece of wood?

5. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

It should be fine. My 06 wagon got up there no problem and that's still the case with STI springs on. Put it on ramps just yesterday.

6. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

You should be able to get up Rhino Ramps at stock ride height. I was able to get up them with my 05 WRX at stock height back in the day.

7. Dheim96

Dheim96 Member

Sweet. Thanks!

8. Davidwrx

Davidwrx Member

I have Rhino ramps with my '02 wagon with STI springs. No problem.

9. Alex

If you really want to test drive the Rhino ramps pre-purchase, you're welcome to come try them out at the house one day.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I was extremely surprised my lowered M3 fit on Rhino ramps front and rear with no issues.

11. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I bought a set from autozone for decently cheap, not sure of what brand. The tires like to bulge slightly as the ramps have a little rounded lip on each side and is slightly too narrow for the 235's. This makes me a little nervous, any thoughts on safety of this? while we're on the subject..

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Wow those are narrow! Mine fit the 275's.

13. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I meant 245's

14. Alex

They're either Rhino Ramps or they're not -- not a lot of confusion on that one ;)