Recommend me a hotel!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by SubieEngineer, Feb 21, 2011.

1. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

So I'm planning to roll to ATL with a local car club for the PCA race on 3/26-3/27. We're looking for a good hotel to spend the night on Saturday. Any recommendations? Prefer easy access to the interstate and on the N/NE corner of the city. Prefer a place under $60/night ($40 would be great, "we" have AAA), but I'll pay for quality.

I'm thinking Norcross is a good area (stayed at the Red Roof Inn for Petit Le Mans, which I wouldn't recommend). Any other suggestions? :)

Last edited: Feb 21, 2011
  2. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Lol.
    There's a Marriot not 5 minutes from my house. loolollo

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

the Hampton Inn off 985, just a few years old about ten minutes from the track

4. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

This one...? A bit more than I'm trying to spend, but it's ranked very high on Trip Advisor...

Looks nice but way too pricey for us! We're cheapasses! :rofl: I'm hoping to stay under $70. It doesn't have to be right near the track, just within 30 min. We'll be driving down that morning straight to RA, then the hotel, then probably back to RA the next day.

Here's a few I found on TripAdvisor:

GuestHouse, Norcross

Hampton Inn, Norcross

I'm leaning towards the GuestHouse, as I've stayed in one before and it was pretty nice.

5. nygiant

nygiant Member

whatever u do, make sure u inspect for bedbugs, and maybe even bring ur own sheets. also, a large garbage bag to store your sheets in after you use them just in case. motels, hotels = nasty

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

Get what you pay for, might want to check for web specials offered through respective chains. If you call ahead with a group needing more than 2 rooms you can also get a better deal.

7. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah. Hahah. I was just kidding. But it's supposed to be pretty nice.

Okay, I thought the GuestHouse Inn was somewhere closer, so nevermind.
    But that's 2 minutes from my church. Lol.

Also, the Marriot/Hampton Inn would be almost 15minutes from 85, if that's fine by you.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2011
  8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Live a little -- stop in at the W. However, you'd save a few bones if you just wanted to stay with another member while you're up here. I'd offer, but I'm no where near Norcross.

9. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Guest House looks like a crack house. The Hampton Inn is not bad but you are really not that close to the interstate or the track.

I agree with Breel, the Hampton Inn he picked out is nice and convienent to the track.

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

PRICELINE FTW.. I use them everytime and get sick deals with the name your own price.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I agree with Doug.....priceline gets you some killer slick deals. There was one place that normally lists at $120 a night. With priceline I tried lowballing at $65.....and they accepted it.

12. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

yep. priceline wins. every time.

13. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Yeah, I use priceline.com too. I currently have a 100 mile round trip when i go to work staying in Chicago. I've used priceline and have gotten Howard Johnson rooms at $32/night. Not the best, but damn cheap.

14. SubieEngineer

SubieEngineer Member

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone! I may try Priceline once I can get a solid headcount. Baring that, the Hampton Inn near the track sounds like a good alternative. :)