Lake Tahoe Trip Thread

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Mar 14, 2011.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Let the insanity begin. After day one, our group is collectively down $4k. Craps is a mother fucker, but free drinks were definitely worth it. My first time as a shooter, 5 on button, friend puts $1000 on the pass line, next roll is a six / one. My bad.

Dinner, amazing...even Justin's palette was pleased. Manhattan and white russians, followed by bread with custom butters (cranberry and pesto), appetizers of oysters, bison carpacio and seared tuna. Lobster bisque and crab cakes for the pre dinner, elk chops, roasted duck, sea bass, fillet and lobster for the main meal.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8" of fresh powder this morning. Times up let's do this - LEROY JENKINS

2. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Looks good man!!!

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Opulence. You has it.

4. 07Ltd#767

negative...friends do. Fucking mid 20's poker players. To them, and I quote, "anything under $1000 is free." Therefore, they'll throw down $980 repeatedly. Pics of the slopes coming soon, only 830 out here, but we'll keep everybody posted.

HUGE thanks to Doug @ TopSpeed for helping us cross snowboarding / wakeboarding off our list.

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

you guys are certifiably crazy... that water was freezing... and I can deal with cold water but it has to be atleast 80 outside not sub 40's

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That they are....lol :clap:

7. 07Ltd#767

sickest day on the mountain i've ever seen. Dropped 8" last night, every run for the first four hours was a dream of powder. I'll get more pictures up soon, but the go pro battery died pretty early.

[​IMG]

8. 07Ltd#767

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

fixed for you. With the help of Megadeth2118 'cause I has no chop skills.

[​IMG]

10. 07Ltd#767

Dinner tonight is not for the faint...best sushi ever. Also took out a couple bottles of shit sake...

I present you, the before:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

Also discovered an awesome game, assuming you have lady luck on your side. Credit card roulette...throw that shit in a pot, waitress pics the loser. How else can you enjoy $500 in sushi for free.

11. 07Ltd#767

oh, also, went to the grocery store...know how jesus doesn't give two shits about California?

[​IMG]

Show me some bible thumpers that would allow that in your local Kroger

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

Publix in Florida close enough?

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sounds like you guys are having a blast!

14. trouble06

trouble06 Member

Lake Tahoe is beautiful!

15. 07Ltd#767

16. 07Ltd#767

Bacon salt...Nicad just hit the level of spaghetti monster heaven

[​IMG]

17. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Pastafarian nirvana indeed

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Slopes look empty.

19. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Please stop giving me photoshop opportunities...it's getting too easy!

20. 07Ltd#767

It's tuesday mid march...what do expect? Also, we were teh 6th lift up...hard to do when you've consumed half the bourbon brewery the night before.

21. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

tomorrow should be good. still fucking snowing

22. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

so maybe I missed it but did you get to wakeboard and snowboard the same day?

23. 07Ltd#767

that we did, check it off the list

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Justin had a new goal, though...wakeboard using a snowboard, snowboard using a wakeboard - in the same day

challenge acceptied

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I can't snowboard worth a crap.....tried it and kept falling. Since I was at snowshoe at the time and only there for 2 days, I didn't wanna waste time learning and switched back to skis.

I'll learn one day....and bust my tail again.

25. 07Ltd#767

12" overnight, 18" in the last 24 hours, still snowing. This is amazing. Gonna be a pretty epic day

[​IMG]

26. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

so epic the moronic cab companies won't pick us up. apparently, it never snows here

27. tolnep

tolnep Member

which hill are you at?

i spent 8 days in heavenly several years ago. snowed around 12 feet over that period of time..

the wind would blow some days and they'd stop the lefts to the top of the mountain.

the snow is 'wet' unlike snow in colorado or utah. it would snow 2 feet and by lunch every trail regardless of whether it was groomed or not was all bumped up.

ive been to most of the major hills west of the mississippi, including 10 days at whistler/blackomb. but tahoe got more snow than any place i've ever been.

salt lake comes close though.

28. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

they are at heavenly IIRC

I heard that the winds were so bad yesterday a lot of lifts were closed, and they were swinging from 4:00 to 8:00 as they went up