Gunsmith

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, Apr 4, 2011.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

Anybody have any recommendations? Need trigger work done on my Sig, no clue where to start looking, or how much it will cost.

2. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Yes you do. Same guy that did the trigger work on the AR I sold Brett. The only guy I trust AND 300ft from AllPro.

Gazaway Machine and Tool

Andy Gazaway - Owner Gunsmith & Tool Maker

1025 Nine North Drive
    Unit N
    Alpharetta, GA 30004
    770 576-0011

3. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

I have a sig .45 and I absolutely love it. I bought it used and have to say the trigger is quite smooth. How many rounds do you have through yours?

4. 07Ltd#767

^^^

125 rounds

The pull is all the way at the back, there's just a lot of slop I'd like taken out of it. The gun shoot really well, and I adapt to it fine, but going back and forth between Brett's USP and Justin's 1911 caused me to have a couple misfires b/c I'm used to holding my trigger toward the back and theirs are much more precise

5. Jake

Jake Active Member

lol i had like 1000rnds through my xd40.

i was gonna suggest you get in touch with Evan or Joey (bomjoon), since they have an arsenal btwn them and always have at least one gun out for service

6. 07Ltd#767

any ideas on price? gonna call andy this afternoon, but i don't know if this is somethign that costs $50 or $250

7. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

closer to $50. depends if there is a drop in trigger replacement or he has to do work.

I think the work on the AR was like $20, but that was just a tack weld.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2011
  8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I wouldn't ask bomjoon for a fucking thing related to guns. don't confuse lots of guns with someone who knows what the fuck they are talking about.

9. 07Ltd#767

feel better?

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I think he has collection envy?

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

just didn't want anyone to go to the source of the stupid pool expecting miracles

12. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

truf.

13. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

How is the reset on it? Is it also very close to the back? (I assume you mean closer to the grip when you say back)

14. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The reset is extremely long

15. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Ah ok. On my sig the initial pull is long, but the reset is very short and towards the back so you do not have to let the trigger out very far between each successive shot after the first. To me that is preferable.
    On the Keltecs I have shot you have to let the trigger back out completely between shots and I hated it.

16. 07Ltd#767

the reset isn't long at all, it sounds similar to yours, mike. The thing I don't like is the pin doesn't strike until the trigger is ALL the way against the back. If i shoot my gun only, i'm fine w/ it, but when I go to shoot other guns, b/c i'm used to it not firing till the end of the pull, i get misfires where I'll accidentally discharge two rounds instead of one