MrVito's 04 STi

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by MrVito, Dec 18, 2010.

1. MrVito

MrVito Member

Hi all, just picked up my new to me 04 STi today, she has a few light mods, still have to get under the car when it's a bit dryer outside to see what all has been done. Here she is...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

congrats on the purchase! You bought it now knowing what's been done to it?

3. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Oh snap, a 2004 in gold wheels. Assuming those goldies are original, you're in the 1 of 2300 club :)

4. MrVito

MrVito Member

Yeah, it was a dealership trade in, so mods are kind of being discovered as I go. The original order slip for the car indicated that the gold BBS are original, though I didn't know it was a rarity at all.

5. amonsta

amonsta Member

Yep should have never sold my goldies! Im also in the 2300 club! Nice car!!!!

6. Alex

Something like that. If memory serves they made between 4300 and 5000 2004 STis and that's it. Things started breaking when they released the 2005 models :) The ones delivered with the gold wheels were made in a smaller quantity than the ones with the silver. What's the build date on your STi? It's located on the b pillar in the door jam of the drivers side.

7. MrVito

MrVito Member

build date on this one is June of 03

8. MrVito

MrVito Member

Finally got a complete rundown on the mods list.

Helix V3 downpipe, HKS Carbon Ti catback, K&N drop in, Rallyarmor mudflaps, kartboy short throw and knob, and a Cobb Accessport. Oh, also Defi boost, EGT, and oil pressure gauges with the Defi-link unit.

The former owner said that he will give me the AP, just forgot to turn it in when he traded in the car. Hopefully I'll have a chance to go get the car muddy in the next couple of days :)

9. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Awesome car... love that model/year. Make sure you get that AP, could be a headache down the road if you don't have it.

10. Mike@TTR

Mike@TTR Active Member

Congrats on the new car. I always was partial to the black Wrx and Stis.

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

nice list!

Was the car local to Atlanta? Maybe it was someone on here?

12. 992.5RS

992.5RS Member

Found this on NASIOC

13. Alex

^^ Interesting, back towards 2004, I remember reading something that was a bit less than 5000 units produced. They didn't break 5,000 until they hit the 2005 models. Wonder why I've thought this then...

14. MrVito

MrVito Member

Nope, local Augusta, I had actually seen the car on the Army base I work at.

15. MrVito

MrVito Member

Quick stint on a few of the dirt roads on base this morning.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. vegasbomber

vegasbomber New Member

now thats how subies should look like ^

lol loving the off road look... you plan on doing anything to the car?

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

It's not a look, it's a dirty car.....

18. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

Another 04 JBP STi!

Cool info to Have! I had read that they were only going to deliver 300 STi's per month in 2004. I guess they ramped up production.

The next thing to know is how many Java Black Pearl cars they produced. From the searching I have done they only kept track of the wheel color.

Anyone else have better info!

I also like my 04 JBP STi a little dirty!

Welcome to the Forum!

19. MrVito

MrVito Member

Was on my way to work yesterday morning, making a left turn on a green arrow, when somebody decided to run the red. They have insurance, admitted fault, were ticketed etc.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

Damn - Sorry to see that you got hit.

Glad it wasn't worse like a T-bone!

Should be easy to get her back to like new condition.

M-

21. MrVito

MrVito Member

Nothing will match, and I know it will be the old dance of "how many times do I get to bring the car back to you before you get it right?"

Not to mention devaluation from the accident. I'm probably going to sell her now if she isn't totaled out.

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

best looking 240 I've seen in a while, with the typical missing bumper cover.

23. MrVito

MrVito Member

Hah, just realized I never update the what I drive portion of my profile. It's funny because this is sitting in the front of my driveway.

[​IMG]

24. MrVito

MrVito Member

Well, the body shop's estimate is just under $8,000 for now, but that is pending review after sending a parts list to Subaru to get accurate prices. They're also sending the car to Subaru to have a new timing belt put on so they can start the car and see if everything is running correctly or not, and get an estimate from them for mechanical repair. After all that, they'll be able to tell me weather or not it's getting fixed, or totaled out.

25. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

8K already? What's the limit for considering it a total loss?

How was it determined that the timing belt needed to be replaced? Did it break in the accident?

26. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

It would be considered a total loss if the cost of repairs exceeds the current value of the car in the KBB I think.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2011
  27. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

Progressive values my car ('04 WRX 86k) at over $11,000. With his being an STi I can only assume that his car is valued above $15,000. I doubt insurance companies use KBB

28. Alex

There's a lot of ju-ju to the process but I don't think its quite like that. What I do know is that is extremely dependent on your insurance company. For example, one may total a vehicle out when it hits 65% of its value versus another which will total when it crossed the 50% mark.

29. MrVito

MrVito Member

Correct, state farm (the other drivers insurance) uses NADA clean retail value, which puts my car at 16975, so I'm just below 50% in just body damage, the agent I'm dealing with even said that she wouldn't want he car back after a hit like that. She also said that if they submit a supplement for mechanical damage, it will likely put the car over their limit to have it totaled out, won't know until Monday or Tuesday at the earliest though.

30. Texsun

Texsun Member

Man this sucks The Car was BEAUTIFUL!!! I have had allot of bad luck with vehicles in the past aswell so I know how your feeling... If you end up parting it out let me know I may need the motor.

31. NewlyIMPORTed

NewlyIMPORTed New Member

My 370z was totaled not to long ago by someone pulling out in front of me.. Its a pain to deal with. I hope everything works out for you though!