Coolant hoses & locations

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by John, Apr 17, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

Can someone post a picture or explain how their coolant hoses coming from the cap are routed?

Here is mine. I suspect something may be wrong, but I wanted to see how someone else is set up before I start switching things around.

Thanks

[​IMG]

2. t3chn0rem1x

t3chn0rem1x Member

ill ask jake or king tomorrow

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

looks right, not like you could really screw that up anyways. Just make sure the line on the bottom of the res is on correctly. Do you smell coolant or something?

4. John

John Active Member

when i get into the boost....it slightly spits out into the reservoir bottle. If I go above 15lbs of boost, it pukes into the bottle really fast. If I keep out of the boost though, I can drive for days without filling the bottle up. I've done both a block test and compression test, and they both checked out OK....Thermostat is Subaru OEM w/ less then 5k miles on it and I flushed the coolant when I did the thermostat.....No air bubbles (that I know of) are anywhere in the system either. I've bled it on multiple occasions just to find that no air in the system.

Thanks. I think its King (long hair dude) that I have spoken to about this in the past. He said "If I told you, I would have to kill you" lol. He said its probably a head gasket problem, but compression tests tell me the HG is fine.

I've been told that the heads may be lifting off the deck when I hit boost causing coolant bypass. I'm hoping that this isn't the problem so I'm trying to eliminate the cheap or free things before I dive into ripping the heads off to install ARPs. The EJ20R is 280hp in stock form in JDM land....and I'm at 230 at the wheels.....so my crank is probably at about 270 - 280.........I'm kinda iffy about the idea of heads lifting under stock horsepower ranges.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2011
  5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

King has no hair..

6. John

John Active Member

yes he does

[​IMG]

lol

7. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Im sure he would like to have long hair?

8. John

John Active Member

I've confirmed this today. He looks nothing like the picture above

9. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

We tried to tell you.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Your lines are right it seems.

Just guessing you have a blown head gasket or are lifting the heads due to crappy insufficent head studs. Or worse you have warp head to block surfaces.