Motorcycle Tire Installer?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Apr 20, 2011.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

Anyone know of anyone or anyplace that will install tires for my bike at a reasonable price?...and preferably will let me ship the tires to their shop? A quick search of preferred installers on Motorcycle Superstore lists the closest being ~23 miles away.

2. Popsmear

Popsmear Member

Not sure how far these guys are away from you but BBC Racing / Marietta Motorsports @ www.bbcracing.com/ are some great guys. Huey is involved in the local community and everyone over there is friendly. Their prices are very competitive as well.

3. C_wagginz

C_wagginz Member

Cycle Gear will install them as well...

4. nygiant

nygiant Member

nice, thanks guys!

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

+1 for these guys

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Why not do it yourself? It's easy.

7. nygiant

nygiant Member

called cyclegear and they said they only put the tires on the rims but dont remove/install the rim from the bike.
    next option, marietta motorsports.

8. Jake

Jake Active Member

i get mine done at a local shop down here (savannah area) you shouldnt pay more than $35/tire front or rear if you bring it to them off the bike. and no more than $60 for the front and $80 for the rear if you ride up there. and i've ridden to the shop with the tire around my shoulder before. no biggie, just cant lay on the tank

9. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

How? Process?

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

11. nygiant

nygiant Member

i dont have a $500 no-mar tire changer unfortunately

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, nor do i

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I made my own. Something very similar to that and with a rim guard zero scratches.

14. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

What I do when I need new tires for my bike is put my bike on front and rear stands, and take off the wheels, then send to cycle gear. $20 each to mount. Then put them back on myself.

If you have a cruiser then i'd recommend a motorcycle jack.

15. nygiant

nygiant Member

i went to marietta motorsports...excellent service. anthony is a great guy

16. nygiant

nygiant Member

also scored a super deal for some pirelli tires at cyclegear...145 for front and rear

17. Popsmear

Popsmear Member

Glad to hear it worked out for you