Photography: Liltoua's Picture Journal

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by liltoua, Apr 25, 2011.

1. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'm just gonna keep a journal for pictures of car's that I've been taking lately. I'm no professional. Just a super expensive and fun hobby of mines LOL. I can't afford nice lens or anything so I compensate with crappy editing skills LOL. Anytime I take pictures Ill just post them up on here. Anyways here are some cars that I've shot here and there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Nice shots.

A couple tips for your "crappy editing skills":
    Fake lens flares are bad. Always.
    And with your logo on the building in the shot of the Evo, you could use the vertical lines of the corrugation to try and line up your letters. They almost look like they're italic now. And if you messed around with the transparency settings there (try multiply) you could make it look more like it's on the building.

Sorry, headed out on a photoshoot today so I'm getting my eyes ready to be really picky.

3. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA, criticism is always nice! I will defiantly try that out. Thanks for the tips blaster!

4. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

What lens are you using right now? You can pick up a 50mm 1.4 canon lens for $350 and get some really great shots with it.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

the 50mm 1.8's are about 100bux, and if you're not in low light a lot, they're just as sharp in real world usage.

6. liltoua

liltoua Member

Most of the shots were taken with the kit lens, the 18-135mm.

Yea I actually have the 50mm 1.8. It was the first lens that I bought. I had one on my D90 as well. I love that lens, but It gets cropped because I don't have a full frame :|. I do love the pictures it produces though. I want to eventually move to a full frame camera, but to broke right now lol.

7. crazyazn

Yah, I want to be shooting full frame for my personal stuff again, but at the same time it really depends on what you're shooting. Having a crop sensor turn a 200mm lens into a 300mm is really handy at sports events :p

8. Matto357

Yup, I have a 1.8 as well. Personally I think it's a big enough difference between the 1.4 and 1.8 to justify the $250 difference especially if you plan on doing any kind of low light shooting.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same settings, just switched out the lenses. Of course, I do a lot more in door shooting under natural lighting conditions so for me the faster the lens the better.

9. crazyazn

@Matto- very much agreed, I'm a huge fan of the 1.4 and rent it out if I need it for low light situations, the bokeh is super smooth on the new nikkor 1.4G and I've also gotten to mess with the Canon 1.2 on a 5d mkII, quite a crazy lens, tack sharp at 2.8-3.2 vs the 4-5ish on the 1.4 and 1.8s

10. Matto357

Yeah, love the 1.2 just have so many more lenses to get before that one. I honestly want the 85 1.2 even more.

Ok, with that I'm gonna stop hijacking his picture thread :)

11. liltoua

liltoua Member

HAHA it's okay talk on! Yea i've herd may good things from the 85mm 1.2. The only problem is that it cost an arm and leg for it HAHA

12. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I'm really itchin to move towards a D7000 here soon :) Also, I'm going to move this to OT. Eager to see where this goes.

13. crazyazn

Yah sorry Toua about all the camera talk :p Great pics so far btw. I think some of the high iso shots you have there, are a little over smoothed to me, but I don't mind a little noise as long as its film grainy in feel.

@Alex- I'm really admiring the reviews and image qual I've seen of the d7000, it seems to be a considerable step up in sensor capability over my d300, especially in the high ISO performance

14. Matto357

Maybe we should just have a car pictures thread in OT? Or maybe even just a pictures thread? I know a lot of us on the forums shoot as enthusiasts or semi-pros.

15. liltoua

liltoua Member

I was actually considering the D7000 when I was upgrading from my D90. I would pick the D7000 for picture purposes, but I really like the video quality of the Canon's (which I plan to be using). If my sole purpose was to just shoot pictures hands down I would pick the D7000.

HAHA it's okay lets talk camera as well. Anything goes here. Yea I love shooting with natural lighting and unfortunately I don't have any lens that can shoot in low lighting, so I have to shoot up the ISO to compensate.

16. liltoua

liltoua Member

Here's some IA pictures

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

the fat chick ruins the 5th pic.
    so when are we gonna do a photo shoot?

18. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

The guy in the Bugeye looks like Stanley Hudson at a quick glance from The Office.

19. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

mother of god that's fail...

20. liltoua

liltoua Member

I went down to Orlando for the Remix car show they had down there. Rented a Cannon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5 - 4.5 USM because someone already rented the Canon 16-35mm f/2.8 L II ARGGGG. I really wanted the 16-35, but oh well, overall I love the 10-22, just wish it was a little faster, but oh well, I love the quality of the lens. Enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. liltoua

liltoua Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Real RHD Legacy

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 24, 2011
  22. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

The 10-22 is a really great lens. Definitely a lens that I would love to own.
    And your pictures turned out great! The sky and the clouds are really clear. The exposure is pretty much perfect!
    What settings did you have mostly?

23. liltoua

liltoua Member

My good friends at Vuong's Garage building a K20 for a customer

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]