S1000RR vs CB1000R

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lobelsteve, Apr 23, 2011.

1. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Plans are for street riding. I don't think I'll track it, but maybe once or twice a year.

Just want to ride out on Sundays to Wolf Pen Gap, 136, Suches, etc.
    Current ride is a Nighthawk S, fun for commuting- but not great on the highway and it's just a tired old standard. I do love it dearly and will just keep it in the garage for sentiment (same as my first bike in 1989).

Also need to find a pair of comfy boots for 11.5 4e. Hitech Magnum's don't cut it.

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

As a person who has owned a S1000RR and driven the CB1000R let me say the S1000RR is one AMAZING machine. I'd take it over anything else. I got rid of it only because I wanted to free up some money.

3. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

If money is not a problem, I'd go with the BMW. Otherwise I'd choose the Honda. What is the price difference between the two?

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Money is no issue with this guy. A well equipped BMW new is $15-16K.

The Honda is like 12K.

5. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

I was picking up a new bungee net at the Roswell MC dealer this afternoon. THey have a Ducati Diavel in there and sitting on it felt awesome. It is so low, so comfy- I have to test drive it. It feels like a cruiser in the showroom, but they say it is a rocket. Wonder how it handles compared to a standard?
    Or the CB1000. I know the S1000 blows them away in the twisties.

I bet I can live with the Diavel more than the S1000 as far as comfort, but if the BMW is not as bad as an R1 or CBR, it might be my next toy.

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

It might be worth looking at the Ducati Multi-Strada also. It's a bike you can ride all day but is a real rocket too.

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Multi-Strada is awesome.

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Diavel is a neat bike for sure, wind protection would be a concern. The look is best considered interesting, it certainly has much more presence and appeal in person rather then pics.

First thing i would do with the Diavel is a smaller aftermarket exhaust of some sort so you can better see the single sided wheel and swing arm, the stock exhaust blocks to much of the view for my taste.

9. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

10. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

can you find a bigger picture? I can't seem to see that tiny little thing on my monitor

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

biggest I could find. it was on purpose so you can awe in its beauty

12. jeb

jeb Member

Is there a rocket booster in the exhaust for that thing?

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Solution = Akrapovic

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

aftermarket exhaust on the RSV4 is SEXY.

and are you talking about the BMW S1000RR as in this

[​IMG]

vs. the honda cb1000r this

[​IMG]

cuz those are two completely different categories. why not compare to two bikes in the same lineup?

edit: sorry for size, just a quick search

15. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

that RSV4 made 178hp at the REAR WHEEL with a flash. jesus

16. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Test rode the S1000rr this AM. Did not like the riding positon.
    I'm 5'7" and was not lying down, but felt 30 degree forward and extending my neck a lot to see front. My wrists were hurting at 10 minutes.
    It is razor sharp on inputs and takes off like a rocket.

I feel like a wuss, but was not comfortable enough to want to ride from Canton to Wolf Pen Gap and home.

CB1000 vs Diavel. The S1000 even with riser bars won't get my $$$- it felt too cramped and I'm a shorty. I was hugging the tank with my thighs to remain more upright.

It made my old CB700SC feel like a turd, a big comfy turd.

17. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

the wrists won't be sore once you start riding more.

18. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

knees on tank a little more.. relieve a little pressure on the wrists

19. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

You must be crazy to not want/love the S1000RR. Get some Apex risers or LSL Tour risers or Helibar risers and suck it up. The performance is just too good not to get the bike. Get a sac and just do it. And get the new white one.

OK. Fine. Don't tell my wife, work is giving me this as a gift/bonus for 4 years of excellent work.