Best place to buy guns?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Trancetto, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

It's my new hobby, collecting and shooting guns. Since I'll be spending a lot of money on them, I would like to get the best deals.

What would you guys prefer as best place to buy guns, local gun stores.

I'm primarily interested in rifles and hand guns. ;)

Next on my shopping list is m16 and ak47 along with a .40 caliber handgun.

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

thinking about selling my 9mm sig, model 2022

Edit - it's this one

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Very nice handgun. Let me know if you do, i might just pick it up if the price and condition is right. why u thinking of selling?

4. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

had about 200 rounds through it, comes w/ an extra mag. Looking at getting a p226. Condition is essentially brand new, still looks perfect. Sits in my car w/ a holopoint chambered 99% of its life. If you're over this direction, let me know, we can take it to the range. Not sure on price, probably $375 for everything (case, extra grip, extra mag)

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

parking lot at a gunshow has netted some good deals in the past

6. goixiz

goixiz Active Member

7. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

M16?

know how I know you're a fucking idiot and play too many video games?

hope you don't accidently shoot yourself, kid. you might put your eye out.

edit: buy drew's gun

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  8. Weapon

Weapon 90lbs of dynamite Supporting Member

you might want to start with airsoft and work your way up

9. b reel

b reel Active Member

rubber band

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

pa-tew pa-tew. bang bang.

make sure you do your research before you buy. and buying from owners USUALLY is the best deal, just make sure you know what you're getting. and the serial numbers arent filed off....

11. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

Ugh... somehow in my current drunken stupor I made a long post and it didn't go through.

Anyway, my point was, would you be interested in an early production Ruger Super Redhawk? If the price is right and you are interested in this type of gun I might be interested in selling. Only reason for selling is it is kind of ridiculous for this area... no point killing an intruder AND my neighbor, and possibly my neighbor's neighbor. I came from a big gun family, and I'm trying to scale down to a couple of more practical self defense guns and leave it at that. Be warned, in most ranges you have to take this caliber hand cannon to the rifle area, which is kind of retarded considering how inaccurate this gun gets when aimed over any distance.

Just thought I'd throw it out there.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  12. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

what caliber is it? .454?

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

WTF does this have to do with anything? My buddy owns one and I shot a m16 several times, loved the gun. Know how you love to ride my nuts, well right there.Just to add, I shot guns before you ever saw one probably. After the war in Bosnia in 90's, they were machine guns, hand guns, rifles, that you could find on the side of the rode and just pick up and shoot. lol at you buddy, you talking like you know me.

14. StevenSTi

StevenSTi Member

Im actually going to be in Newnan selling a couple of extra guns I have taking up my AR space in the safe (a GSG-5 rifle and two 9mm Hi-Point Carbines). I am also trying sell a Glock 23, and GSG-5 pistol (MP5 copy) and a Kel-Tec Sub2K .40 cal.

15. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

It's actually a .480- one of those "tundra gun" type deals that is really intended to bring down large game when you are moving from spot to spot and getting out a rifle isn't practical or is just a PIA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Super_Redhawk

Big heavy bullet, but recoil on it is surprisingly livable... considerably easier to shoot than a .454, imo, as long as someone hasn't handloaded it upward to some ridiculous charge. Like I said, though, it's really just totally impractical... more of a "look what I have" deal than anything. It is funny to see the look on guys' faces when you drop a 9mm shell down the barrel and it just falls through.

16. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

How much do you want for the Glock 23?

17. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

do you even know what a tax stamp is?

18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I do know what tax stamp is. Maybe I should have been more clear on the m16 part, what I meant was to say is, AR-15. ;)