mid-engined boxer sportscar

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, May 2, 2011.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

hey guys i`m working on a body design of a mid-engined subaru powered sports car and the company wants to appeal to the subie crowd, so I was wondering what are some design elements you would like to see on this sports car.

2. BelvnAWD

BelvnAWD I'm Vin, Bell-Vin...

Like design elements? Fender flares, spoilers, the like?

3. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

GD body. The end.

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Factory five?

BTW, how does one appeal to the subaru crowd specifically besides not making a subaru?

Most people like subarus because they make good all round cars that perform well, are somewhat economical, and provide utility on top of all that.

What engine is the car going to use? What purposed would it fill? What roll would it play? What would the car compete against? Need specifics.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  5. mokinbird87

yes sir~

6. mokinbird87

yea its for the factory five competition. they too, want something that can be driven daily driven with comfort, but are looking to build something more sporty than a sedan chassis and the awd weight. it will be a bit bigger than the lotus exige (wheelbase wise). I dont know too much detail on the engineering specifics other than the fact that the chassis is already finished. what I`m trying to do is design a car that will look good in the eyes of the original factory five customers and the likes of us, so even though i have a good idea of what we as subie owners like to see, i didnt want to make any assumptions.

7. mokinbird87

it's a good car but quite honestly it's not a sports car... it's a sporty car that can do many things in my opinion.

8. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

hey mok
    Glad to see you followed through with this. Let's see those skillz!!!

9. mokinbird87

regardless of the result i`ll keep you guys entertained :) I want to make a car that I would be happy about but more importantly something that ALL subaru owners would be happy about.

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Please build this...

[​IMG]

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Prodrive P1 rings a bell?

12. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Hell, I really like the P2 personally. Something like that with a bit more subie specific styling cues would be awesome.

13. mokinbird87

that was more of an engineering exercise, this one will be a lot more traditional in terms of the engineering approach and the design. intial sketching will start after work in about 30 min :naughty:

14. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Ah, yeah, the model was P2. Brain fart :)

15. mokinbird87

hey guys, this is a quick sketch to get my ideas down (sorry for crap quality, had to take a quick photo with my phone cuz i was at work :) ) let me know what you guys see/think. please do not post this sketch anywhere. thank you.

[​IMG]

16. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I just want something I can fit 315s under, if it had a flat bottom and wing mounts that went to the chassis that would be great.

17. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Mid-Engine AWD TT Inline 6 in an NSX type of body.

18. John

John Active Member

That kind of looks like the FT86 concept.

I would make the grille smaller. The shape of it matches the car well, but I think its a little big. As well, the ground effects that cut off part way through the bumper should extend the entire bumper

19. mokinbird87

my intent is to incorporate some design elements from the sti and the shelby cobra into one package so that the finished car would appeal to both the subie crowd and the muscle car crowd... it's not gonna be easy :)

20. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Ok then Mid Engine Cosworth STi Motor in a Lotus with AWD...LOL! Sick powa!!!!

21. mokinbird87

so hard to be motivated to sketch after a whole day of, well, sketching at work hahaha... i think the front end has decent things going on but still more work to do.

22. John

John Active Member

not trying to rag on it lol. you wanted opinions, and im given them ^_^

23. b reel

b reel Active Member

maybe some Testa Rosa cheese grater side intakes?

24. mokinbird87

by all means! need everything from everyone at this point really. Trust me i`m used to all sorts of things when it comes to critiques on the designs... I even had a friend faint and hit the floor one time at a presentation :)

25. mokinbird87

yup. trying to throw subtle things without being gaudy.