So I hit a turkey....

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by gfred024, May 1, 2011.

1. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Yep believe it or not I hit a turkey on the way to the beach. It was huge it flew out in front of me and smashed my passenger side fender. So of course it doesnt meet my deductible of $500. The messed up part is I just got the car painted and the shop cant guarantee they can match the flatness lol. So i gotta get a new fender and a new paint job. Woohoo!!!

2. nygiant

nygiant Member

sucks man :(
    i ran over a squirrel once...i felt bad

3. I hit a turkey on the way home from the beach last year...in my mom's outback, not the wrx.. but took the mirror right off... I'm not surprised it did that much damage to your car... it sounded like we'd hit another car when I hit it... poor turkey... :wtc:

4. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

I saw one leap into the side of a passing cargo van once. It exploded into a billion feathers, and was definitely the best part of driving through Virginia.

5. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'll bring the stuffing and pumpkin pie...

6. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Yeah it did sound like I hit a car! It jolted my car. Damn turkey limped back into the woods too. Haha can't wait for thanksgiving!

7. Jake

Jake Active Member

yeah, did you save it? got thanksgiving under control!

8. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Crazy. At least you're alright! :bigthumb:

9. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I don't know if they are actually turkeys, (female ones maybe?) but they are all over the place and suicidal near hiram/dallas in some spots.

10. Alex

There are some funky turkeys out in Villa Rica as well. They're not the standard kind that I'm accustomed to seeing.

11. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

They freak me out. I was walking one day and a whole flock of them started following me. I swear to you.

12. Alex

We had two adult geese and 7 goslings walk by the shop's front door the other day...so strange, haha.

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Signs of the end of the world!!!!!1!!!!11!1!11!1!!

14. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Yeah thank god we were unharmed. But my car isnt. lol