TopSpeed Motorsports - OneLap GT-R Project Begins!!!

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Dec 30, 2010.

1. Leh was up at the shop yesterday and ventured off with the car and the camera...only problem was it was 5 o'clock on the button :) So he couldn't go far...he grabbed these couple shots tho....

really shows the lines of the car.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

watch the time counter... the lap info show the time for the current run. It can be confusing I know

3. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

"lap info" is the Laps info..

then the timer is the lap's time...

then when i cross the finish line at 1:14... thats the 1:14 lap...

When you cross the start line beginning the lap.. "Time".. starts at 0 seconds... Then it counts up.. 1.. 2.... 3.... and so on.. to 1 minute.. 14 seconds.... which is the lap of 1:14.....

Its like if you were using a stop watch also.. You click as the car passes.. then the stop watch counts up.. then you click again...

1. 2. 3. 4. yada yada 1:14.7... "street tire".. "GT-R".... "track record"..... rocked...

4. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Ahhh...I was a little confused as well. The Top Number is the time you did on that lap and the stop watch is the bottom number.

5. Dr.Chris

Dr.Chris Member

Leigh crosses the finish line at 0:52 into the video for the fast lap (lap 1). The rest of the 1 minute and 12 seconds of video is lap two (1:22). I'm not disputing the fact that this is the fastest GT-R lap at RR, I was just comenting on the video editing and that you didn't actually show but 16 seconds of the actual fast lap (from 0:36 to 0:52). Am I the only one seeing this?

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Watch the lap timer at the top left corner of the screen. Its pretty clear its a 1:14.7, we all just watched it again to make sure.

7. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I thought this was how it worked too but apparently it tells you the time of the lap during the lap on the top and the stop watch is on the bottom for that current lap. If you look at the first lap the top number is 1:23 which is what it ends at when he crosses the finish line before it resets and shows 1:14. Plus I used a stop watch, its legit.

8. I edited the video, and your just looking at it wrong...its easy to do, even some of my employees thought I was wrong. I'm not sure when they will learn not to question me :rofl:

The traqmate shows the time of the CURRENT lap...not the lap past. The only place that the traqmate shows the time of the previous lap is on the IN CAR display.

Like others said watch the bottom timer that goes along with the CURRENT lap.

So whats shown in the video is the end of his 1:23...the 1:14...and the beginning of his cool down.

It would be pointless for the timer to show a previously completed lap post session.

Hope this helps

~Cicio

P.S. His name is Leh

9. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

my name is clearly LEH

10. Well Doug and Leh are off to South Bend Indiana for sticker day tomorrow.

I wanted to share a little update because I haven't had time to get on here for a few days...

I will be launching a pretty fun interactive live feed page tomorrow during the sticker session that I think you guys will enjoy. We are all pretty excited about it.

All the little details I will save for tomorrow...

Below are some pictures of the graphics scheme as it sits. Of course there are lots more stickers to go on the car, for all of you familiar with OneLap you know all about that.

I look forward to bringing you guys not only live updates, but also lots of good video and media along the trip. One of the best things about OneLap is following it for the entire week...if anyone is in the area for any of the events please come out and say hello to the team.

Again thanks so much for all the support and kind words...this build has been tons of fun, and will continue to be developed

OneLap here we come.... Go Team TopSpeed!!

~Cicio

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 28, 2011
  11. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

Good luck guys!

12. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

digging the hood graphics...leh better be blasting east bound and down as he's dominating the competition

13. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

Someone is stocked up on NOM-NOM stickers!

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They sticking them everywhere on scenic sights....a huge Indian statue got one stuck on it....LOL

Video worked well guys. Was that Retarded Monkey beside ya'll?

15. slowwrx

That is Kill....Nom Nom is slightly different

16. Little update guys...

Today was the first two events...Wet Skid Pad & AutoX.

The wet skid was very slippery due to the new pavement, we were able to take 20th place. That may sound bad, but all of the fast cars did very poorly this year. I'm pretty sure a Chevy HHR was in the top 5 LOL

The AutoX was a little bit more our style. We set FTD (fast time of the day) and won the event.

I will let the guys get in here later with an update on the car but I wanted to fill you guys in.

~Cicio

17. Well I'm sorry for the delay in status updates, I have been doing track support for a couple other customers this weekend and didn't have any internet access. Now I am actually at CMP with the team right now getting to watch the car run.

Since the wet skid we have taken first place in every event so far. At Summit Point the TIC Subaru was very close to us during the first session. If I remember correctly I think only 2 tenths of a second slower.

However other than that one event, the Forged performance GT-R driven by Catesby Jones has been pulling up second most of the sessions. He hasn't gotten any closer than 5 seconds behind us as of yet, but they are working on the car to try to dial it in.

After CMP we drive to the BMW test track for one session then the team packs up for the LONG drive to Daytona International Speedway.

I will be doing a better job of keeping you updated from hear on out. I also have some HD in car video that I will get up later tonight.

Here are some pictures from the last two events.

~Cicio

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Well TiC blew up their WRX trying to catch ya'll (and came close). Now the Catesby GTR is having issues (sources of mine say the intercooler pipe came off the passanger side throttle body).

I guess it suffices to say.....You can't simply catch a Topspeed tuned car and hope to keep running. FTW!

Sheriff should've entered the shop gutted car.

Last edited: May 2, 2011
  19. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Any additional information as to what specifically failed on the TiC WRX?

20. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think headgaskets gave out. They turned the tune WAY up.

21. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

from their fb page:

"TurninConcepts Our initial thought is that we cracked a head. We drove home to cincy and will be ripping it apart tomorrow. Obviously we are out of contention for the one lap this year but we may meet up later in the week to have some fun."

22. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

23. wrxin8or

thanks for the notice. watching.

24. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

OMG that car sounded very sexy. Video feed is much better here than it was at CMP. Loving the coverage (until Cicio tries to carry the video).

25. TopSpeed Motorsports GTR takes P1 in morning session at Daytona running a conservative pumpgas map of 18psi we turned a 1:55.9 lap time.

Forged/Catesby GTR suffered another mechanical issue on the last lap of the first session. But I don't think it will hurt them as bad as last time.

Stay tuned... were still streaming live and will be for the entire day today.

Just to put it in perspective, Grand-AM race pace is 1:52-53s...

Second session will be live around 12:30...stay tuned guys...and thanks for the support

DAYTONA LIVE FEED ALL DAY!!!

~Cicio

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  26. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Sucks the Catesby car is having more issues.....they were bringing it with that close of a second time.

Any idea what it is this time? Another clamp?

27. slowwrx

Everyone here at the shop feels really bad for Catesby, He is a great driver and a super nice guy. The event is way more fun when you have someone to battle with.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Any idea what the new issue is?

29. wrxin8or

First session topspeed won by 35 seconds. Close between 2 and 3 though

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Looks like I just saw Catesby on the interstate. Any idea what happened to him this morning? Hope it stays running well rest of the event for him.

31. wrxin8or

heard Leh say they blew another ic pipe. Got it fixed and ran the second session with no issues.

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks. Man another pipe....dang those crappy worm clamps! Hopefully it's fixed for good now. Drags are coming up....lets see if TS can clock a 9 sec run like AMS advertises.

33. 07Ltd#767

you couldn't be more wrong. They're using race gas, bumping it up from 18 to 21psi for the drag.

34. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

They said they aren't exactly going for a big number....just enough for what they think it takes to win. --Topspeed Motorsports chat on live feed

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I say low 10's.

36. wrxin8or

much better showing by Catesby when his car hung together.

TS: 5:48

Catesby: 5:54

I wonder if he did any better than the 187mph he hit in the first session

Just to put a reference around that, the 3rd place car ran a 6:21

37. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL GTR's are owning everyone.

I still wanna see Sheriff and Leh duke it out along with Catesby. That would make some very fun and competitive OLOA. Maybe next year.

38. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

TS has arrived at the drags. I imagine it won't be too much longer before they are racing.

39. 07Ltd#767

my information was quoted from Leh via their uplink...he was talking about it after one of the sessions this morning

40. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL. I wouldn't worry about it but it not my car.

Broke tranny = game over.

41. slowwrx

They always run race gas at the track if its available and the drag tune will still be pretty conservative. There is a regular drag race with lowest time winning and then a bracket race. If you run a 9 in the first event your dial in for the drag race is a 9 and doug certainly wouldn't risk running the car at that power level for all the drag passes.

42. They weren't worm clamps............

Catesby is a VERY VERY capable driver. With a properly setup car he would be a very tough guy to beat.

43. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Then what were they? All i know is they were 'improper' clamps. That's a direct quote.

44. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I'm not trying to start anything Kenny. I'm trying to learn. I've always known worm clamps to suck. I've blown off IC pipes with worm clamps. Next on the list is tbolts. Never had an issue with them and always thought them to be very good clamps. Then there's those fancy stupid expensive ones (can't think of the name of them).

So I naturally thought the worm style clamps was what he had. Cicio said no. So I'm just curious as to what clamps were on there....that way I never use that style myself in a performance application.

Sheesh people. Ya'll know me better....if I wanna start drama I'll flat out start it. :wiggle:

45. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

My guess is a non rolled bead IC pipe coming off.

46. KINGLEH

KINGLEH Member

he is running stock IC pipes and hoses... he has T bolts that dont really fit right installed on the car..

47. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks for the clarification Leh. Yeah if you don't size the tbolts just right or if the T section is pushing on something they really don't work well.

48. The sizing was just fine Cool, they just needed to re-install the clamp behind the beed on the pipe and not on top of it. Jose is a good wrench tho so him and Catesby got it all figured out themselves after two failures.

Really glad they got it fixed...they ran a 10.91 at the drags...

49. Well today is another day...The team is at Circuit Grand Bayou Road Course in New Orleans, LA today getting ready for more racing. Yesterday was the longest day of the event....Daytona International until mid day, then to Gainesville Dragway into the evening and then a 500+ mile drive to New Orleans!!

The last I heard it was 4am and they still weren't to the hotel yet.

Yesterday was very successful...we won both events at Daytona and then set a new OneLap record at the drag strip. Right now we are sitting in first place overall with the Porsche PDK in second, and the GT-R of Catesby Jones in 3rd.

Below is a quote from Leh posted lastnight and a few pictures from Daytona.

Don't forget we will be live later this morning @ topspeedtuned/onelap

~Cicio

*Quoted from Leh:

Hey guys this is Leh... We JUST hit the road and have a 8 hour drive ahead of us.... its going to be a loooooooooooong night.... we have some 5 hour energy's waiting for us in the glovebox for later...

We won both road race events at Daytona then went to the drags and won that too!!!.. there is also a bracket race thing but we opted to just break out on our 2nd run... so we could hit the road... some people are still there racing!.. they will have a later night then us....

At Daytona we tested a drag strip map during some parade laps.... which was a pretty good bit higher boost then what we have been running on the road courses so far.. We ran that map for the drag strip and it started to break up... Onelap is tough because you only get one shot at the events... the leaded fuel we have been running is getting to the plugs.... So we may change them soon...... i lifted out of it and ran a 10.6 at 124.... the car was def on its way to a low 10 pass..!... We ran the road course map we have been running the entire event for the bracket race and did a 10.8 at 132 with a 1.8 60'.... Pretty strong road course map!! ha!.. car is very impressive.... After onelap we will take it to the strip with some fresh plugs and run a good # for you guys.. im pretty interested...

i will try to get some pics up from daytona.. we also have incar video from daytona in HD..

Oh yea.. and a 10.6 is a new Onelap Record..!

Grid @ Daytona
    [​IMG]

Guy & Dog LOL
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Leh & Brock Yates Jr.
    [​IMG]

Front Straigh @ Daytona
    [​IMG]