Summer Install Day I -- Location & Time TBD

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by Alex, May 12, 2011.

1. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

I wanted to start another thread to go ahead and get the discussion-ball rolling for when and where to set up shop for our next Install & Tech day.

Where: I personally felt that the install day at AllPro was a success. Would we all be interested in considering asking them to use their facilities again?

When: I'm thinking early July, as we have Memorial day weekend coming up at the end of May.

2. FTZ

FTZ ^.^

I would be all for another Install Day all All Pro.

3. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Yes

This time I will make sure a certain person knows that there is a closing time and it isn't 9pm.

4. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

+1 for AllPro again

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I'm down for showing up again. Think I'll work on actually having something to put on the car too!

Allpro was a great place, and awesome guys there. Though, I wonder if the install days can turn into informal shop open houses, such as each install day at a different vendor shop if they're willing?

6. cMags

cMags Member

+1 for all pro because of the incredible amount of help the guys are willing to lend as well as the availability of tools and parts at their disposal.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

7. Alex

Alright, then we'll be in touch with them this week. Thanks!

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

That's fine as long as we can get my motor in and the car cranks before then

9. techlord

techlord Active Member

^^haha
    I'm sure Brandon needs to relax a bit more this time.

10. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Just leave it as is, trailer it to the shop, and we'll actually get started at 9/10am. plenty of time

Then, actually respect the cutoff time/push it back on the trailer if it's not done.

11. John

John Active Member

Hahahahaha

Im down for another day! It was fun. I agree allpro is the best place. The availibility of parts is a good thing to have

Sent from my Android Powered HD2 using Tapatalk

12. Allpro Subaru

Allpro Subaru Registered Vendor Supporting Member

We would be thrilled to host another install day but at this time we can not commit to a date. There are a number of customer projects that we have committed to and need to get them completed asap.

EDIT:
    There is a stipulation though:

1) Matt needs to sell his Honda and be driving/own a Subaru
    2) We were going to add that Matt needs to get his hands dirty but he did cook...

13. John

John Active Member

Who wants to drive a honda :p

Sent from my Android Powered HD2 using Tapatalk

14. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

I'm really going to have to come out to this one. Still need new fluids but havent driven the Suby much since I couldnt work the clutch for a few months after knee surgery.

15. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

Been wondering where you've been

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

16. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

ha, I work right across the street from you now in the ugly white office bulding opposite the mall, just busy with the nonprofit bike shop, day job, and girlfriend (not in that order).

17. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Someone help me install my rotated kit, weld the intercooler piping and tune that sucka!!! LOL!!! I kid, too much, I'll let Andy take care of that part. How bout installing some bushing on the rearend and maybe some ALKs?

18. Alex

I think I'm going to vote we do some grilled chicken breasts as well.

19. cMags

cMags Member

BTW, shouldn't this be the Summer Install Day?

20. Alex

Who pays attention to the seasons? :)

21. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I do...that's why I stock up on this:

[​IMG]

22. b reel

b reel Active Member

figures

23. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I'd actually be really happy to help with the cooking. I have access to lots of toys at work. Smoked pork butt would be great for an install day.

Plus, I might have coilovers to install at that point.

24. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

You better!!!

25. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I'm working on it! Wifes car needs fixing first.

26. Alex

Awesome. I have no problem grilling but I LOVE the idea of a pot-luck + install day :)

27. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Would changing out timing belt, all tensioners, waterpump, cam, crank seals be pushing it on install day?

28. cMags

cMags Member

I think it would be doable, but last time they were trying to avoid the "maintenance" items and focus on upgrades, but I'll let the powers that be comment on that. (I only mention it because I asked about the same last time, but then again I was looking for AllPro help with the job.)

If you do try to pull it off, I'd be glad to hang out/lend a hand (if I can), so I can see the job done to prepare myself for doing it myself on my two Subarus.

29. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i'd say visit allpro on your own time for maintenance stuff (they have been awesome for me) and plan on doing the fun mods for the install day

30. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Ok, then we'll install a rotated kit and tune it....LOL!!!

31. soobaroo227

soobaroo227 Member

I'm down for this. I haven't been to an install day for years. I doubt I'll have anything to install, but I'll be down for just hanging out and lending a hand.

32. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah. Last time had a huge turnout. It was pretty freaking awesome.

33. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

I just moved to the area.... and this sounds like a great idea.... hopefully I'm not out of the country during the event because I would like to meet some scooby pals.

34. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

we have plenty of other meets going on if you want to join us!

35. Alex

Welcome :wavey: Check out our bi-weekly dinner get-to-gethers, http://wrxatlanta.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29832

36. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

Unfortunately I am only home on the weekends and even then there are times I don't make it home at all...

Bi-weekly soiunds like fun... But a friday or saturday once a month is better for me...

Jason

37. cMags

cMags Member

Ditto. Working 'til 8pm or later every night during the week makes it hard to make it out to dinner meets. Weekend meets are much better for me as well.

There was talk about other vendors hosting install days to get some visibility and such, maybe if others are interested, they too could do quarterly or semi-annual install days, but set it up so there's one a month, each a different vendor until a quarter or half year goes by then it is hosted again at a previous vendor. Just a thought.

38. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

That sounds familiar...

39. 05saabaru

05saabaru New Member

I travel for work so I'm usually home on Friday night, and out Monday mornings!

Currently you can find my car driving between Marietta and Milton! Another SOOB friend moved to Milton and works for SoundSensations.

Until he gets a sencond car for his GF she drives the RS and he takes my 9-2x for the week.

PS they are having a tent sale this weekend at at SoundSensations....

We both have Custom fiberglass trunks, he did door panels, overhead console, and more on his (I wish I didn't travel so i had time to do that too). We both completed internships for Golden Customs in NY (Ed Golden- won the second season of Car Wars on ESPN)

Anyway....

MORE WEEKEND STUFF.... :dirty:

40. John

John Active Member

Is there any word yet on a date / place?

I'm still vote for AllPro because the availability of parts there is very helpful.

I would also love to see a Dyno day at Topspeed, Forged, or any of the other places that have a Dyno.

41. Alex

AllPro is working on their schedule for June to see when we can snag a weekend. I'll update the OP when I have updates.

42. John

John Active Member

Thanks Alex

43. John

John Active Member

Alex, I'm sending you a PM about install day

44. cMags

cMags Member

I might like where this is going. More locations, more install days.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

45. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

how often do we need one of these things?

46. John

John Active Member

I have a location for an install day. Thats what my PM to Alex was about lol

every week

Last edited: May 31, 2011
  47. aneel

aneel Member

I have a spot too, pm me if nothing else works out.

aneeL

48. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i think having a lift with professional help was what made the last install day at allpro so great... hopefully it will be the case for this upcoming one also

49. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

We might be able to do something at TopSpeed, give me a call and we can see what we can do.

Matt

50. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Man, if we do it there...should be cheap to do a dyno too!!! I'm just asking, that's all.