RIP - Matt @ Wagen Works

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by 07Ltd#767, May 25, 2011.

1. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

RIP - Matt @ Wagen Werks

I know this is soon, but we just got he facebook invite. Since it's on the interwebs, just wanted to let the community know :wtc:

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=188672894518955

RIP, condolences to he and his family, and I really hope that due justice is served. I'm not trying to deflect one way or the other, but I hope this wasn't some bullshit excuse for a cop to get off

original article

second article

unfortunately, I didn't know the guy, but my condolences go out to all that did

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

I knew him. Kinda shocking knowing someone that was killed by the police. I hope the cop gets what he deserves

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

4. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

i am no lover of CCPD after my experiences.

Something stinks here.

The first cop left him to check his info, what was the 2nd cop supposed to be doing that escalated if the first cop felt okay enough to go check his info without Matt being cuffed up?

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

this needs to turn into a media nightmare for Cobb and this particular officer. Not his first shooting of an unarmed individual according to some reports.

6. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Oh geez... I'm really sorry to hear that.
    I agree with Mallard. The second part anyway; I have no experience with Cobb County police and hopefully give them no reason to.

7. Strayen

Strayen Active Member

Wow, I hope this turns into a media nightmare and CCPD gets sued out the ass.

8. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

This is horrible. Who is going to protect the law abiding citizens from the police? I can protect myself and they don't serve me at all, just harass and oppress.

R.I.P. Matt

9. John

John Active Member

Everyone knows if he really had a weapon and posed a real threat, then the media would be playing this up as a "Police are heros" story.

Something doesn't add up with this it seems like one of the officers screwed up and is trying to do damage control to try and save his own reputation and the reputation of the department.

Last edited: May 25, 2011
  10. JL889

JL889 Pandastic!

Wow, this is insane, i can't believe they would shoot a unarmed person 5 times!! I hope he gets his justice. RIP Matt

11. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I heard about this from Bryson's father yesterday. :(

12. oneiguy

oneiguy Active Member

I just got done talking with Bryson. We will be doing a give back at On the Border Sunday the 5th after Caffine and Octane. We will be doubling our donation to help pay for funeral cost for this. Please spread the word to help Matt's family.

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

After reading the 2 articles, I am in total rage. This cop can NOT get away with this, seriously, wtf.

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

bullshit, CCPD needs to be put in their place.

RIP Matt

15. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

16. superdoughboy4

And he was given a fucking paid leave?
    Utter bullshit. Considering he's had 2 other cases where they had to give him administrative leave, he should be fucking fired.

17. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

is there anything we can do? spam call and tell them how the community feels? email? petition?

18. superdoughboy4

Probably all of that.

19. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

20. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

WOW.

SO his first administrative leave was for beating a man to death: "he was sprayed at least 10 times with pepper spray and hit 39 times in the thigh with a baton."

How did they get this one of him? THey said that the man heart skipped and he died from aheart attack. NO SHIT he died, he was beaten to death and his heart couldnt take it anymore.

His second leave was is still under investigation. WTF, why do you put someone on the street and give them power of the law that have a case pending.......

ANd now Matt, who is next, and when does it stop.

God America is fucked up, if this was any other country, either the cop would have been dead by now or been put behind bars with all other criminals.

21. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

UHH, most other countries are worse and more riddled with corruption.

22. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

this kind of thing makes my blood boil

my biggest fear is running into one of these guys one day.. and it won't end up well- probably me in prison labeled a cop killer. I'd rather suicide by cop than be subject to the degrading treatment of officers like this. I wish that juries were told of certain legal concepts, specifically jury nullification

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jury_nullification

I think basic constitutional law should be mandatory. of course the government wouldn't allow it; "this is how they are going to take all your rights away unless you stand up for yourself"

23. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

At least the corrupted countries would assassinate this cop within days of the incident.