POO11, POO21 codes and turbo noise

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by stimanmark, Jun 27, 2011.

1. stimanmark

stimanmark Member

I have code POO11 and POO21 and my turbo is making some "rock in a coke can" kinda noise....pretty sure my turbo is ah goner....Thoughts?

2. kingwrex

kingwrex Supporting Member

Those codes are cam position sensor codes. In a nut shell it means u ran the car low on oil a bunch of times and are going to kill everything: turbo,engine cam eventually if I don't start changing ur oil more often and checking it and topping it off when it gets low between oil changed

3. stimanmark

stimanmark Member

i dont let my oil get low and i change it every 2000 miles

4. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

oh shit, once i saw this thread title i knew what it was
    i had these 2 codes last year aswell, i freaked out - did a early oil change (2.5k) and the codes cleared themselves.
    some say this could happen when a belt skips, oil filter clogged, low oil.
    god speed.

5. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Maybe not but the answer is still the same, the man knows his stuff.

6. kingwrex

I've seen these coded I don't know how many times and every time the car had been low on oil, most of the time not even registering on the dip stick

Change ur turbo, and don't forget to get new banjo bolts. Then change ur oil and use a oil flush of some sort and change the oil again

7. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

After the oil flush I would recommend atleast pulling the banjos again and checking the screens.

Usually when these codes get thrown there is a rod bearing that gets spun very shortly there after. I hope it doesn't happen to you just trying to prepare you.

Matt

8. kingwrex

That's a good idea too.