05' STi stock struts work on 10' Forester?

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by AutoxSTi, Jun 18, 2011.

1. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Just wondering if this will work. I have my stock STi struts that I'll be sending to get rebuilt and revalved slightly stiffer. Twas going to match this up with my swift/RCE yeller springs to lower it. Anyone got any thoughts?

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

3. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

How bout 08'-10' STi struts? Or any other year or model for that matter.

4. shu

shu Member

You can use struts from a 08-11 WRX, but not the STI. Hub mount thickness is your problem.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  5. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Just saw a thread from a few guys on subaruforester.org using 08-11 wrx struts to confirm.

6. John

John Active Member

Wont work.

Forester is 5x110 and STI is 5x114.

You can however use 02 - 07 WRX struts I believe

7. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

So do you think the hub thickness is different on the 08-11' wrx than the 10' foresters?

8. John

John Active Member

hmm i dunno. i bet someone on subaruforester.org knows though. I would ask there. Maybe NASIOC might have some answers too...

9. shu

shu Member

From my limited research (my wife has a 2011 Forester), you can bolt an 08-11 WRX strut/spring assembly right onto a 2010 Forester and it'll drop the car about 2.5".

10. John

John Active Member

i didn't realise it was a 2010 forester. I don't think 02 - 07 WRX will work on it...and if thats the case, 04 STI wont work either.

Yeah, check out subaruforester.org. I'm sure they have tons of info on suspension swaps.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2011
  11. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

I'm sure I can use lowering springs to make it even lower. It has a wheel gap of at least 6 inches at the moment. So 2.5 with stock springs and if I put lowering springs on it, would lower it another 2 inches. Should be more than enough for ground clearance. Hmmm, now to find an 08'-11' wrx OEM suspension for sale. Anyone wanna sell a set for cheap?