Recommendations for Charleston?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by GTscoob, Jul 19, 2011.

1. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

My gf and I are heading to Charleston this weekend to catch The Truckfighters on their final stop on their first US tour.
    [youtube]3ZyvY-ithBc[/youtube]

Sorry I'm kinda old school from where we couldnt embed youtube links on here . . .

Anyways, does anyone have recommendations on a killer dinner spot? It's her birthday next week so I want some place nice up there on the ocean.

Or other good eats/attractions?

Thanks,
    Bobby

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 20, 2011
  2. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Hmm i went there 2 weeks ago. let me find the awesome water front place i went to

3. GTscoob

Thanks! Nothing toooooo ritzy with dress codes and whatnot since we're planning on parking the car as soon as we get there and cycling wherever we need to go.

I hear there is 0 elevation change in Charleston. Thats about 600ft less than my average bicycle commute . . .

4. nsvwrx

nsvwrx Active Member

Water's Edge‎
    1407 Shrimp Boat Lane
    Mount Pleasant,

5. GTscoob

Oh yeah, some place with an all you can drink brunch special would be great.

Something like Park's Edge or Republic Social House here in town. Gotta get hungover by 4pm.

6. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

magnolia's is pretty good, but don't think it has a great view. anything in mt pleasant isn't bad (rich area of town).

check yelp

7. Folly Beach has a couple of ocean front or ocean view restaurants and will most likely have good drink specials. I lived in Charleston for 4 years but never really found an awesome "on the water" restaurant but a lot has opened up since I lived there. Best places by far are Jestine's Kitchen, Hominy Grill, Hyman's (touristy but worth the wait - best fried flounder ever). Southend Brewery is good too.

8. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

I really miss charleston. used to body surf on folly and get drunk downtown when I was stationed at goose creek

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Not much of a view but Magnolia's freaking rocks!

10. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

11. GTscoob

What are some good local's only hangouts and restaurants? Something far away from typical Charleston beach crowd and tourists.

EDIT: When I say far away, I mean far away like how fun bars are in East Atlanta and Decatur and this gets you away from the Buckhead douche crowd and the Downtown yuppie crowd. Not looking to drive anywhere far away from Charleston, basically a place that a proper ITP snob would enjoy.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Anyone remember the name of that nice pub just down from MUSC?

If you can get ahold of Leh he can tell you were to go....Doug may even know himself.

13. Triangle Char and Bar in West Ashley (Avondale).

http://www.trianglecharandbar.com/index

14. GTscoob

Triangle looks great, thanks.

Is the highway to Folly beach a pretty scenic drive? It's ~12miles from my buddy's apt to the beach, quite doable on cycles but with the heat, might not be the most enjoyable thing.

15. I wouldn't call it scenic but its a nice drive. There are some decent marsh/harbor views.