GoPro Camera?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Texsun, Jul 24, 2011.

1. Texsun

Texsun Member

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

pretty much standard fair for most

3. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

I have the SD version and found it to be a PITA to use. For example, I tried using it for a track event I attended this past Monday and couldn't get the stupid thing to turn on...and this was with a fresh set of batteries as well.

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I've used them and have had really good luck with them, the video quality is quite impressive.

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I have the HD version and attachments on my snowboarding helmet, skydiving helmet, caving / repelling helmet, and I'm thinking about sticking it on my wakeboard. Video quality is great, pictures are awesome with fish eye look. Here's one from 15,000' atop Breckenridge, CO. It's resized for standard viewing, but the originals are in 19x10

[​IMG]

edit - the two cons i have are there's no lcd display, so you just have to hope you're pointing it in the right direction. It also doesn't work very well in low light conditions, like at night.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2011
  6. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I have two of the HD's with all of the available mounts. Use them in the car and mountain biking. Best POV camera out there in my opinion. Easiest to mount and with the new LCD screen...you can actually review footage and tell where the thing is pointed before you start recording.

7. 07Ltd#767

Yeah, I want to get that option, but all of my recording has water in the equation so I have to use the sealed case. I've got the suction cup mount for the car, but I haven't had a chance to use it yet

8. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

The LCD kit comes with about different backing plates that some of which allow you to go under water with the LCD attached.

9. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

does it float yet?

10. 07Ltd#767

No, the only reason it's not on my wakeboard yet. I'm going to fashion some sort of safety strap i can tie off to my bindings incase it pops off while riding I don't lose it

11. Jake

Jake Active Member

get one of those little key chain floating things. it should hold it up. maybe a couple of them just in case

12. 4sevens

4sevens Member

I have the 3d setup - captured some footage at road atlanta recently however I don't have a 3d tv so I can't watch it :(

13. gt9729b

gt9729b Member

Does anybody have a contour instead of a GoPro? I was looking at these at the recommendation of a co-worker for biking, skiing, track day use. Contour seems to be a little sleeker, but seems to have fewer reviews.