home security

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by yerrow, Jul 30, 2011.

1. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

home owners...who do you use for home security?

ADT? alarm force?

are you happy with whomever you use?

2. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

PitBull Security
    [​IMG]

try me..

3. Texsun

Texsun Member

ADT on our house... but I got 2 big dogs and my wifes rat dog that hate everyone besides us! lol

and an arsenal of guns and other cool killing tools haha...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  4. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Just put an ADT sign up in your yard :rofl:

5. Texsun

Texsun Member

OOO and i almost forgot... the wife that shoots like a BOSS

[​IMG]

6. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

home security is a state of mind.

relying on a weapon alone, or an alarm, when you could've done 10 other things before that to deter anyone's interest in your home is an incomplete view at best...

7. pleiades

pleiades Member

Labrador Security LLC
    [​IMG]

Yes, she is very protective.
    [​IMG]

Good luck getting within 25 yards of our property line with out sounding the alarm

8. pleiades

pleiades Member

my dogs bigger than your dog :wavey:

9. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

They sell ADT signs on eBay.
    I'm sure 99% of the time they are just effective as having the real ADT

10. Texsun

Texsun Member

THATS WHAT SHE SAID!!!!!!!!! My lab is only 9 months so hes got some growing left in in haha!

11. Texsun

Texsun Member

pretty much what your saying is be a hard target instead of soft target. I agree totally but I am ready for the Zombie Apocalypse

I always thought myself to be a hard target... little did I know that 2 days after getting back from Afghanistan and moving into our new house the front door would be kicked in the middle of the day while I was at work and my wife was getting utilities setup. They did more vandalizing then robbing the place but they still got quite a bit of my stuff! they pissed on the bedroom floors broke all the mirriors spray painted the ceiling and all that nonsense and yet nobody in the neighborhood saw them do anything....

Last edited: Jul 30, 2011
  12. Mad Mallard

Oh plz don't misinterpret my push for more SA to mean I don't think a firearm is a good last resort.

By all means keep that service weapon ready.

I'm just saying, smash and grabs are NOT the norm for home invasions. They case places sometimes for days, sometimes just for an hour or so, more often than anything else.

And in my business, i'm sorry you were the exception, but most home invasions that I've dealt with don't have flagrant vandalism too. -_- Thats more an exception.

And there's a number of things you can do if you just look at your own house in a different way.

People don't realise, even if a theif has all the time in the world with no alarm, they're usually done and gone in 15 minutes. Sounds unbelievable, but when its acted out like in that Discovery show "it takes a theif" you realise how something simple can dull someone's senses.

13. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

So nobody here actually pays for a home security system. I have a gun but I'm going to be or of town in a few months and my neighborhood is...changing

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

best deterrence to theft from a home is a couple of bee hives along with signs stating "Warning Bee Hives" Make sure the hives are in plain site from the street. Has worked for dad over 40 years so far. Yeah, crazy runs in the family.

15. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I use a Taurus PT-92, Mossberg 500 (fold over stock, pistol grip) and an Natural Born Killer attack cat. (ok, the latter is more likely to beg to burgler for food)... But seriously though, being in a one bedroom on the bottom floor is a little scary. Not much we can do if somebody decides to come in while we are there. If we aren't, we just have to rely on the building being heavily populated as a deterrent.

16. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

House alarm with radio monitoring, motion, and glass break sensors. Larson security storm doors on both entrances. Steel gate on crawl. Steel cage on AC (welded shut and cemented into the ground). Privacy fence. Padlocks on everything. Double deadbolts. Window locks. And Lottie:

[​IMG]

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

we just leave our garage door open and our keys in the cars...insurance people love us

18. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

damn texun, im jelly of ur gun collectiong. -.-

As for my home, I rea`lly dont have any security. I guess the 12 gauge under the bed and the 9 in the car... I guess.

19. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nice for everyone publicly showing what to expect.

So many people live in fear.

20. Mad Mallard

the best home security starts with knowing people on your street.

It sounds trite, i know, but its not wrong at all from a purely economic reflection of the claims I see.

if your neighbors know you, they're more likely to know when something is wrong.

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

This is so true. I only have one neighbor.....directly across the street from me. I have never met them but have always waved and/or acknowledged them when I'm in the yard or leaving. They are an elderly black couple and seem to be very nice. They have seen all the familiar cars in my yard when I'm home. One day the lady walked over when I came home to inform me that a green pickup truck had stopped around noon, the guy walked to the doors, and then walked to my shed and around it. It was my dad who had instruction to leave something for me that came in the mail.

But it was so nice to know that she was watching out for me. I told her thanks and I would do the same if I ever saw suspicious activity at her place. Can't put a price on good people like that.

22. Biggis

Biggis Member

:eek3:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.

I think what gets my goat the most about your post is the protecting of the condensing unit outside. Taking a man's AC in the Georgia heat is grounds to be shot.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I've got friends who have had the water pumps off their wells stolen. It's absurd the limits people will go to steal so they can support their drug habit.

24. Mad Mallard

raw metal theft is on the rise too, particularly copper.

coils in a/c units, empty house's wall wiring, etc.

25. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Yeah... Somebody stole the urinal piping in the bathroom at the store.
    Never saw that happen except for with the urinal handles.

26. b reel

b reel Active Member

start the car to find out your cats have been cut out. Bet those fuckers were pissed when they realized they were hollow.