Thin blue line

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by John, Aug 15, 2011.

1. John

John Active Member

Does anyone rock one of these on their car?

[​IMG]

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

no porkchop stamp for me

3. John

John Active Member

HAHA! Well said!

4. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

i do thank you.

5. John

John Active Member

Why do you have one?

Its all good...I have one too

6. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

my girlfriend is gwinnett csi

7. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

So does the sticker do anythng for you? I've seen the red and black for Firefighters I think? I always just "assumed" it was supposed to "help" identify law enforcement and their family from the general public.

So what's the real story from those rocking the stickers?

8. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

I'd venture to say it "used" to be helpfull to ID law enforcement and their families... Theory is LE would be less likely to pull you over or maybe let you off with a warning if they see that sticker. I think too many folks rocked them in the last 10 years, most not being LE or family of.. and it rendered the stickers useless... I don't rock one, but I'd imagine it couldn't hurt. The off chance you might catch a break would be worth it.

9. John

John Active Member

I don't get pulled over ALL the time....but maybe 2 - 3 times a year. My old 97 GT had one of these stickers on it and I never once got pulled over in it...but in the handfull of times I drove my Taurus (without one), I got pulled over a few times.

I think they still do have some kind of effect

10. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I think the amount of fake ones out there have decreased their effectiveness over time.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Here's what I do to prevent tickets......don't drive like an idiot and with some sense and obey the law ;)

Or make sure you are in the right place to break the law at. LOL love wide open country roads around here.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

On another note I have a friend who is a county cop.....he said those stickers are flags for him. Most cars he pulls with that sticker are hiding something.

13. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

professional courtesy is bullshit.

14. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

[​IMG]

we know how much you love wide open country roads.

15. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

One of my criminal justice professors really drove the point that it is completely corruption in every way you can legally look at it.

My godfather as police chief once took a ticket from a trooper in his own city and never fought it even though everyone that knew about it says it was silly for him to keep it. If you aren't willing to take the punishment, don't do anything illegal.

16. J_P

I agree with the corruption statement, but what about the cases where somebody is not doing anything wrong and is still robbed of life and/or liberty because the individual feels there will be no repercussion. In my job if you cause a catastrophic failure you might not have a job if it was avoidable. In the local case linked below the officer that felt he needed to take the life of a citizen he was supposed to protect has a history of disciplinary action. Not all cops are bad, but there is a large enough percentage of bads ones to make me not trust most and avoid any interaction with them at all. Unfortunately we see examples of it every week across this country.

http://mdjonline.com/bookmark/13356778

"Land of the free? whoever told you that is your enemy"

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  17. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

I'm confused. I'm saying cops need to be held accountable and those letting people off they know are cops should technically be fired and charged with corruption.

18. techlord

techlord Active Member

exactly! What happened to that POS cop?

19. J_P

I was specifically talking about this: "If you aren't willing to take the punishment, don't do anything illegal."
    I agree with that completely, but what happens when you aren't doing anything illegal and still have the possibility of being "punished". Scary stuff. Might cause you to change where and when you do things.

20. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

oh, ok. Just so we're clear I'm not advocating throwing people in jail for no reason..

I meant, people trying to get out of things by having a sticker or complaining that they don't work anymore.

21. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

He was given paid leave and was told to have better judgement next time or whatever.
    Basically a slap on the wrist. Utter fucking horseshit.

22. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

[​IMG]

Rock one of these, 9 times out of 10 you won't get a ticket.

23. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

bs

24. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

This one has saved me twice now...

[​IMG]

25. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did the cop tell you that?

26. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

[​IMG]

This one has saved me twice...

27. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

I assume the words, "...and thank you for your service" might have meant the same thing.

28. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

29. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Hater. Not my fault you need to hear out of both ears to serve...

30. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Too bad Hitler was a failure.

31. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

32. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

:eek3:

:clap:

33. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

This one gets me of the hook every time