Sandblasting/Powdercoating/etc

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by bixs, Aug 19, 2011.

1. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

Does anyone have a reliable source for getting parts sandblasted/powdercoated?

I have also seen a few people online with instructions for sodablasting/sandblasting using air compressors, anyone with experience or complaints about this?

b reel, calling you sometime probably this weekend about checking the straightness of this engine case and cleaning it up. Also checking the head, crank etc etc. I plan on going over everything myself to learn and then bringing it to you to verify I'm not retarded. The bringing in of parts will not be for another week or so.

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

I'll be around

3. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

brian you still powder coating shit? Our tower speakers on the boat need to be refinished this off season, along w/ possibly our board racks

4. b reel

b reel Active Member

I can do the whole fucking trailer if you want. Small oven 8'Hx12'Wx20'L but you'll have to pay of course.

5. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

you want to sandblast and powdercoat piles of rusted 914 parts?

6. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

I have some Porsche wheels I need blasted and coated too!

7. b reel

b reel Active Member

which wheels? If O.E. Fuch wheels then they may have to be soda blasted, Dye-checked and painted depending on the type and year made. I'm not that far away, just come by one afternoon

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

sure, bring them down

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

lol, the trailer's aluminum and probably pushing 25'+, but we definitely need to look at the parts. Hit up Nicad or myself when you're in the area, sunset in a cove while shooting patron (in your case) doesn't suck

10. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

PM sent.

11. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Brian,

How much for a set of 08-11 BBS in white? Otherwise, I'll probably just hit up millers.

Thanks,

12. ballistic

ballistic Member

miller powdercoating in lilburn does great work

13. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

You want white wheels??? :wtc:

14. b reel

b reel Active Member

just call Miller, if you had them down here yesterday I could have had them done for next to nothing. Just did a run of white gloss, 250 pieces of pure hell.

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_10 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8E600 Safari/6533.18.5)

Let me guess. You don't approve.