You won't believe this!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lsnaple, Aug 22, 2011.

1. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

So yesterday my girlfriend won Lil' Wayne's new cd from 107.9 and was entered in a contest to win a trip to his release party in L.A.....and today they did the drawing and she won!
    We are so excited, 107.9 is flying us out Sunday, and for now that's all we know. We find out in a couple days when she goes to pick up the cd!

2. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

That's crazy, congrats man!
    My girlfriend would be jealous lil wayne is her favorite. She is still mad at me for not taking her the last time he was in Atlanta haha
    I hope you guys have a blast

3. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

No way, I will not believe this.

4. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

Watch out, keep a good eye on your girlfriend around lil wayne....:)

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Lil who?

6. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Who is lil wayne?

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL Koko we posted that at the same time......

8. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

The greatest rapper alive..... Congrats man wayne is the shit and have great trip.

9. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

Enjoy the trip to LA.

Are you just there for the release and then fly right back?

10. Raziel1

Raziel1 Member

false

11. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

You are correct, sir.

12. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

fixed!

13. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Not tot junk his thread but tell me who is better? You can't.....

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's all personal opinion/taste in music so does it really matter?

15. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Jay-Z
    Eminem
    Dr. Dre
    Tupac

shall I continue?

Don't get me wrong, I like lil wayne, but he's far from the greatest rapper.

16. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Like cool said it's all personal opinion I will leave it at that.

17. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

I like luda...he was the shit in the fast and furious movies /sarcasm

plus he has the anthem to my life...All i do is win

congrats on the trip - sounds awesome

18. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Back in the day I loved his music.

My all time fav rapper is Tupac though.

19. Matt

20. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Everyone Matt said....

Anyone from the Dungeon Family

Also my 8 year old cousin Billy

He is good buy don't even start to put him up there with the greatest ever, he isn't even close.

Congrats though thats a once in a lifetime trip for sure.

21. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

For those living comfortably under a rock...

[​IMG]

22. nik_05STi

nik_05STi Member

Congrats Isnaple, you and your girl are lucky. I've been fortunate enough to meet and hang out with Three Six Mafia, and 8ball & MJG. Back in 2002, they performed a concert at Albany Civic Center in Dourgherty County GA. My uncle owned several hotels and they ended up staying in one of them. Got free tix, backstage passes, and was offered a limo ride by the road manager. Think I was 19 or 20 at the time and shit was unbelievable to me and my cousin. One of the after parties was at the hotel's conference/convention room. Got to eat Sunday brunch at the hotel with them. One of the best weekend's i've ever had.

Have a blast out in LA!!!

Anyways hope u have a blast meeting Wayne. Last time i saw him was a Hotboys concert in 2001, when Cash Money Records was blowing up

Last edited: Aug 23, 2011
  23. josh booth

josh booth Active Member

Once again I said The greatest rapper alive so leave PAC out of it. Who else out of all the guy's you named dose not wright anything and can freestyle a whole CD???? And yes everyone you named is great but really the anyone from the Dungeon Family don't think so.... LOL

24. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Thanks guys. We don't know any details yet, except that we fly out Sunday. I'm sure they're not going to keep us out there but for like 2-3 days. A couple years ago I was a valet and the first place I worked was at Akons house after the BET awards and there were a lot of random people there, so I'm thinking it might be something like that and maybe have a few minutes to talk with him and whoever else will be there.

My gf has been clean for 6-7 years so we will see how tough it is on her. Personally ill be happy if I get to burn one with him. Regardless it will be fun. Ill be sure to take a few pics and post them up when we get back.

25. Matt

tupac is alive...everyone knows it.

26. Jake

Jake Active Member

i liked rap in high school for like 2yrs

then i grew up

27. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

What does that mean? You only listen to classical now?

28. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

The greatest rapper of all time is going to go down as a white guy (don't take that as being racist...not meant to be at all).

[​IMG]

I don't listen to rap that much anymore but Lil Wayne's is much better than the junk being passed off as talent these days. He isn't the greatest of all time...but at least he makes music worth something. Now most of them are nothing better than glorified pop stars.

29. RSConvert

RSConvert ɹǝuɹnʇpɐǝɥ uʞnɟɐɥnɯ ɐ sʇı Supporting Member

so many great ones...
    NAS
    Ghostface Killa
    Chuck D
    Method Man
    Mobb Deep
    Mos Def
    Busta Rhymes
    ERIC B.

Greatest? Two of them are dead...

30. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Eminem.

And like already stated, its what you prefer. If you prefer some little bitch screaming like a girl with meaningless lyrics, then yes, lil wyane.

31. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

I like some old school rap (like Eazy-E) okay, but I really have to be in the mood for it. I've always liked the Beastie Boys, but I guess that's more hip hop than rap. Most new rap I hear leaves me wanting to drop a cyanide tablet and go on a 15 story balcony trip. Case in point (NSFW,and a self proclaimed rap aficionado and friend of mine sent me a link to this, intending to inflict torture):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3TKcazFv36I&feature=player_embedded#!

Maybe Atlanta has jaded me. The people I meet around East Point who listen to this shit are usually as dumb, if not dumber, than the lyrics to this song. Conversations with them never go beyond topical catch phrases and a bunch of phony ass hand slapping and make pretend affability. And trust me... I try to be open minded and welcoming when possible.

I'm rambling, and I'm not so foolish as to think musical taste dictates character. I am an asshole who thinks making preliminary judgments about a book by its cover isn't always a bad idea, though.

To each his own, and I'm sure (or at least hope) Lil' Wayne's better than that example. I've never listened to much more than a track or two from him. Congrats on the trip and getting to see someone you really like! Hopefully it'll all work out and you'll have a great time!

32. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Well, I'm back now. We flew out Saturday and came back last night. Had a great time in L.A. but the party left me unsatisfied. It was just the label sending us to his private release party, we didn't get to hang out with him or even get a picture. Hell I barely even saw him, he couldn't have been at the party more than 15 minutes. Did get a picture of my gf with Seth Rogen, and she took a couple poor quality pics of Chris Brown. There were A few other rappers there and stuff, but I didn't really see anybody as there were way too many connected people smothering them. And I guess because I don't put people on a pedestal. Don't get me wrong, I like meeting people but they're just people, they just have fame and fortune.

Still I'm thankful I got a free trip to L.A. and had the experience of the private party on sunset blvd. We stayed at the Renaissance Hollywood hotel which was pretty nice and basically right on Hollywood Blvd. Ate some great food, some some cool street shows, and saw some high end cars...Ferrari, rr phantom, Aston Martin, Maserati etc.

To clear things up too, this trip was for my gf. She's the huge rap fan. I'm mostly a jamband/funky rock type of guy, but I listen to a broad range of music, except very little country. Can't really stand that lol.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  33. liltoua

liltoua Member

Wow I thought those radio things were all fake and just a gimmick to make people listen to the radio LOL

34. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Eminem is in no way the greatest rapper dead or alive.

35. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

says token...

:coolugh:

36. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

So it must be the truth Haha

37. fourdegrees

fourdegrees Member

You know, I don't think I've heard one of his songs all the way through before. A free trip is a free trip though.

38. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Racist

39. Texsun

Texsun Member