TopSpeed Motorsports | 2011 STI Dom1.5 Testing Complete!!!

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Cicio@TopSpeed, Jul 10, 2011.

1. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

What about internal parts.
    I know the WRX has different internals. How well would they hold up to this kind of power?

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Its a Subaru....it'll eventually crack the ringlands.

3. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Not too shabby, glad to see you getting behind the wheel more often. Sounds like next weekend's Roebling is going to be interesting as hell! :)

4. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Did you ever get better than a 1:19 flat in the AM session?

5. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

No... I actually ended up leaving early sunday morning to go home and surprise my wife and daughter. There weren't expecting me to be home till late Sunday so it was a nice surprise getting to hang out all day.

6. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Cool shot from last weekends track day at Roebling. After making some setup changes at the track I had the balance of the car pretty damn good. Now its time for a few more goodies and hello 1:17's :)

On a side note the 2011 STI chassis is leaps and bounds better.. I am absolutely amazed how well this car handles now.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 26, 2011
  7. jchon3

jchon3 Supporting Member

Sexy.
    specs on the wheels? they look staggered haha

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Angle of shot. Staggered on a subaru = NO NO. It'll burn up your diffs.

9. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Not that anyone here will likely ever need to know this but you can stagger them as long as each wheel rolls out to the same diameter. This is useful on cars with rear biased mechanical diffs.

Congrats on getting her into the 1:17s Doug thats a good time at Roebling no matter what you are driving.

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

hear there's a big difference just between the 08's and the 11's suspension wise.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

He didnt get 1:17 or even 1:18. Got 1:19 flat.

12. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Oh, 19s are still pretty damn quick there. Running 19s you will be among the fastest there at any given track day.

13. sharif@forged

sharif@forged Member

Yup, 19's in any car, let alone a full interior sedan is moving pretty good.