The Rebirth of Scooby Doo

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Texsun, Aug 27, 2011.

1. b reel

b reel Active Member

So Ped did half the work and Jason made sure your gaming system was up to par right?

2. Texsun

Texsun Member

pretty much how it went down! haha Jason had the magic touch on breaking the engine/tranny apart for sure!

speaking of which here is my gaming system :)

[​IMG]

3. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Ooooh HAF 932.
    Get a real keyboard Hahah

4. Texsun

Texsun Member

NOpe I love my Microsoft Ergo keyboard I have been using the same style keyboard for years!

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

haven't been into gaming since Asteroids

6. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

You were already well into your 50's when Asteroids came out weren't ya?

7. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

Dude, your PC looks like something that should be in a Server room at Georgia Tech.

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

I want to say 12 but regardless, I chose to spend my quarters on gas and oil for the KDX 80.

9. Texsun

Texsun Member

I dont have much of an update other then my son is here! Got him home friday so this weekend has been full of fun! Hunter James was born Sept 21st at 538 am and weight in at 7lbs 6oz

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

That right there is full of win! Congrats!

11. b reel

b reel Active Member

Congrats! My question is does he always sleep with his foot near his mouth?

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Socks for mittens dude.....lol

13. b reel

b reel Active Member

just checking to see if anyone else noticed

14. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Congratulations Texsun!!!!

15. Texsun

Texsun Member

hes super flexy dude haha jk socks for mitten cause he was scratching his face real bad.

16. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Congrats on the son Texsun.

17. pEd

pEd This ain't no Piccadilly!

Congrats Drew!! Now I hope you're ready to accomplish NOTHING :)

18. Texsun

Texsun Member

Well I feel as If I havent haha :( I took the oil pan off and the pickup line last night to check the pistons out and there is no metal flakes or scoring that I could see... I am going to break into it more the end of the month when the wife and little one go back to Texas for vacation!

19. Texsun

Texsun Member

ROFL we got the same facial expression!

[​IMG]

20. Texsun

Texsun Member

He gave me this look this morning... when talking to momma about money for the car ROFL

[​IMG]

21. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

So he got momma's good looks? LOL

22. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Hmmm... I don't remember but was it a self/Internet diagnoses that the motor was no bueno?

It would be awesome and suck at the same time if what you were hearing wasn't the engine itself and everything is perfectly fine just needed something tightened.

Did you check the new(er) turbo for shaft play after removing it? One thing that happened to mine was the turbo's kept breaking in the center.

Edit: and I'd check to see what it takes for Dr. king or someone from AllPro to come over and do a leakdown test before completely tearing the motor apart.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2011
  23. Texsun

Texsun Member

Wife and kiddo are going out of town the 22nd and will be gone a few weeks... looks like its time to bust into the motor anyone wanna come help lol

24. Texsun

Texsun Member

Money is almost all together wooooooooo!

25. Texsun

Texsun Member

Alright so as my money is almost all together I have no clue wtf im doing... HELP!

26. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Talk to Brandon or Ryan at allpro. I'd have him look at your motor and see what's salvageable and point you in the right direction of getting it rebuilt or replaced.

If anything have him assemble the longblock and host an install day to have it dropped in at your house plug and play.

27. Texsun

Texsun Member

I would love to have them look at it but I have no way of getting the motor to them lol or wanna pay someone to tell me its FUBAR! I like the idea of having htem assemble a long block and instal party at my house!

28. Texsun

Texsun Member

So... My wife cleaned my car and put a car cover on it today while I was at work ill take pics when I get home haha

29. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

i think brandon has a trailer and he could pick up your car, not sure if he still has it

30. Texsun

Texsun Member

Motor is currently at Allpro!

31. Texsun

Texsun Member

Currently at Allpro! and it should be running before chirstmas! My estimate will be a week and some change! but as long as its up before the holidays!

32. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

And what happened?

33. Texsun

Texsun Member

block was pretty much FUBAR! Crank seased up some bearing went out and a ton of other stuff haha

34. b reel

b reel Active Member

glad to hear

35. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Way to be a tailhole Brian.....telling the dude you are glad to hear that his block was toast.

:rofl:

36. Texsun

Texsun Member

WOOO ALLPRO saves the day well saves the last 6 months haha

[​IMG]

37. Texsun

Texsun Member

Just paid up everything at AllPro so once they get everything done I should be back up and running! Not like I ever got to drive it in the first place ROFL!

38. b reel

b reel Active Member

good to hear

39. Texsun

Texsun Member

Picking up car in the morning!

40. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

That's fantastic news. Now take care of it.

41. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Congratulations! Enjoy!

42. Biggis

Biggis Member

I'm willing to bet the hills are alive with the sound of EJ257 shenanigans...

:banana:

Enjoy it!

43. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I'm going to keep an ear out for the boxer rumble and just assume it's Texsun if I do hear the rumble.:wavey:

44. b reel

b reel Active Member

let's hope they are muted rumbles until broken in properly.

45. pleiades

pleiades Member

glad to hear you finally got this behind you. what kind of warranty you got on it now ?

cheers

46. Texsun

Texsun Member

Car is good to go running great! The O2 sensor went out just waiting on that now :( Threw the MAF code as I was test driving it haha should be replaced Friday!

47. Texsun

Texsun Member

Horrible Cell Phone pics but hey I wasnt expecting to see anything pretty :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]