Improve my website

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by lobelsteve, Sep 29, 2011.

1. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

http://www.lobelsteve.com

Shameless plug or cry for help?

I had my wife build 1st gen website and then paid a just starting pro a little for a real website. I think he did a good job. If you were in pain and not looking for drugs: what else would you want to see on my page?

2. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

The bottom of the page is a little screwed up looking but also Symantec is blocking whatever is at that bottom and may be the cause of why. Other than that looks clean.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

shameless plug would be a yes, no drugs made me think chiropractor, website is far better than most I've seen.

4. pleiades

pleiades Member

Home page loads blank in Firefox most likely a script error (best to load those at the end of the source so some static content can load especially for a default document/index page).I was able to manually pull the links from source and loaded some pages but there is still an issue with the footer not loading correctly.

Opened site in IE it loaded fine template looks to be set to fixed width so there are layout issues as the different pages load.Footer is out of wack in IE too(CSS issue) Looks like a basic template that just had your content added to it.

I did actually look through all the content ( 2 chiropractors in the family) and it is all organized,easy to navigate and read.Might be good to include a FAQ section regarding common alternatives to specific symptoms of pain presented in a way that gives helpful info but leads the visitor to contacting your office for more specific information.After all that is the desired result.This could be handled by a inquiry form that the vistor could fill out on the site.

Overall it is a good layout for what your trying present but has some design issues that need to be addressed IMO

Not trying to pick apart the site but you did ask :wiggle:

cheers

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Loads fine on my Firefox minus the footer.

6. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Steve, I think I need your services...

7. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I think Matt's looking for a reach around......:eek3:

8. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

I'm about a million percent positive I need your services. I just need different insurance.

9. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Thanks for the info and critique. I'll get my guy to run through the source code and check out Firefox compatibility.

I'm still working on content.

No reach arounds. But I have a 14G Tuohy needle that I can drop into your sacral hiatus and run a wire up your spine.

10. monk

monk <b>The Kitchen Ninja!!!!</b>

i'll just comment on the home page.

primary home page image shouldn't be washed out. set tagline statement into photo with good typography. this is the hero image, not an afterthought.

patient info area image could be more appropriate and more complimentary in color.

image crop on physicians is "off" either crop in or do something where two shapes aren't competing with each other (offset oval vs rectangle).

template feels a bit too boxy, lighten up the div strokes. let the spacing of the content areas separate themselves.

tan background isn't exactly inviting... it's a bit too institutional.

bottom of primary content div and top of footer div have a tiny amount of space, creating visual tension.

make sure your headers, metatags, page titles, body copy and image alt tags all compliment each other for good SEO (and SEM if you're doing that) results.

make sure site has a google-compliant XML sitemap.

cold-hearted marketing pro comment: do your patients really care about your firepit or the state of your cable services? don't mix professional PR with personal ongoings of your life. it confuses and waters-down your message.

my .02 as a design pro. ;)