Got a new moutain bike

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by WRboXer, Oct 11, 2011.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Been biking seriously since a freshmen in highschool. Raced DH through Highschool with a local shop sponsor, reality bikes. I sold all of my big rigs when i went to Auburn with a lack of legit mountain/freeride terrain. Bought a Planet-x ridge back hardtail for auburn urban enviroment and riding to and from class. It kicked ass, and along with my K2 Mod 3.0 road bike and my old school GT Zaskar i didnt really have a need for anything else. Now that im living back in Alpharetta and riding the trail off exit 8, the need and want for another all mountain bike that i can do some semi decent dh activities was really drawing me back in.

Picked up this used guy on ridemonkey.com

05 VPP Intense Uzzi size large. Fox DHXair rear. Going to make a few changes in due time, but for the most part as long as its rideable im just going to ride the snot out of it.
    [​IMG]

2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Nice those are really fun bikes, I got the privilege of demoing one when I worked at a shop and almost bought one. Ended up going with a Titus Racer X instead.

3. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

4. GTscoob

GTscoob Black is Beautiful

Looks rad. You talking about the Big Creek freeride area?

If you haven't you should make a point to get up to Clemson sometime for their freeride trails or even Windrock if you're wanting some serious riding.

5. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

windrock kicked my ass pretty good when i was up there for a race back in 2004, couldnt even imagine what its like now.

6. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Windrock...

Love that place. It has been awhile since I have shredded up there.