Opinions on Douglasville?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Oct 15, 2011.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

I am considering getting a house there, or in that area of Austell, Powder Springs, Lithia Springs...leaning more towards Douglasville since theres a house there that I'm looking at. But since I've only lived in GA for almost 2 years now, I still don't know much about it. Since I grew up in New York and have grown to hate the city, I do know that I want to get out away from the hustle and bustle and this city and out someplace more laid back, quieter, etc. But at the same time, not too far, ya know?

How is it there? I've looked up crime stats, and its acceptable in certain locations. How is the diversity? Friendliness? Does the local law enforcement have too much time on their hands and like to pull ppl over for stupid crap? Anything negative things Douglasville is known for? Etc etc?

In the morning, I'm going take a ride on my bike on over there just to cruise around the neighborhoods to check them out...and then again tomorrow night because I know places can look nice during the day, but at night be a totally different story.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2011
  2. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I've lived in Powder Springs my whole life, well up until about 4 months ago. I currently live in Sandy Springs. I've built houses in Douglasville, Austell, Powder Springs, Mableton, Hiram, Etc.... Shoot me a PM and Ill send you my phone number. I probably have a better perspective of it than just about anyone you will meet. Ill be happy to give you all the ups and downs of all the locations.

Matt

3. nygiant

nygiant Member

4. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

I don't know you all that well C but I don't recommended Douglasville. My gf is from there and can't be happier living in Gwinnett. Powder springs looks like a good area to live in though. Hopefully this helped as well as Matt's input. Good luck and keep us updated.

5. John

John Active Member

Certain parts of Powder Springs are not bad. I know a lot of people that live in PS. Douglasville however seems to be a pile of garbage IMO

6. nygiant

nygiant Member

Thanks for the input fellas

7. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

I also grew up in powder springs. Left there in 94' and it's not the same. Seems to be a trend that the area is on the downside due to some of the gentrification from ATL and such.

Douglas county is just dirty and meth filled. Stray far from it if you can.
    Joe

8. b reel

b reel Active Member

meth-heads are everywhere, cops in McDuffie county tell the residents to just shoot them

9. John

John Active Member

McDuffie?

10. b reel

b reel Active Member

yeah out towards Augusta

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

LOL find me one with a 4 wheeler for cheap and sell it to me. I need a good $400-500 4wheeler.