!!!!Fuel Leak!!!!

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by G-WRX, Oct 25, 2011.

1. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

Hey, I know it's been a while since I've been on.
    Anyways, here is the problem.

Earlier last week, Wednesday I believe, I got into my car and it smelled like gasoline(inside the car). So i just thought to myself it might be something else. Drove to my apartment and still smelled the fuel. I opened the hood(it was night but there were parking lot lights) and saw gas on the top of my block. The location was right next to where the intake manifold connects to the head on the passenger side. Now, I have been driving my car and I notice turbine not spooling to max psi, Reduced acceleration. However, I no longer smell fuel inside of the car nor see any evidence of a fuel leak. WTF is going on?

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

common problem, there is a TSB and recall for this. take it to a dealer to see if it has been fixed before

3. G-WRX

G-WRX Member

Thanks for the heads up, but looking at the recall conditions, it's only for "cold weather states". Unfortunately GA isn't one of those.

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

It qualifies, take it in

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

GO TO or CALL a dealership. no back talk

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

they'll fix it regardless. it was extended to ALL states.

my bmw has the same problem.

7. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

What do they fix on it? Is it the TVG not sealing properly, gasket? I'm having that issue right now. Raw fuel smell near the turbo inlet and turbo.

Well, I've replaced the turbo inlet with APS. Since then I've had nothing but raw fuel smelling from that side. I doubt the dealer would touch it since I modded it already. Unless otherwise someone says so.

8. Kim@Forged

Kim@Forged New Member

AutoxSTi,

Wether you modified your car or not, if it is related to a recalled item, they have to fix it regardless. Hope that answers your question.

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

It's the stock fuel lines that run under the manifold. Not the rails themselves but the hard lines that feed those rails.

Subaru WILL fix it. They fixed my buddies here in SC.

10. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

Well, I'm thinking of upgrading as my other post is asking about doing APS fuel rails and lines. $350 is not bad as supposed to$550-800 for other brands.

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Yeah but APS is cheap crap usually. Fuel lines IS NOT something to go cheap on unless you wanna burn your car down.

12. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

That would sound like insurance fraud to me...hehehhehe!

13. AutoxSTi

AutoxSTi Member

So if you or anyone on these boards would choose the dealership to take it to in Atlanta? Which one would it be and which technician would you let touch it?

14. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whichever one is closest to you.

15. Alex

Alex Community Founder Staff Member

Jake at SOK should be able to take care of you. Otherwise I'd skip the dealership, bite the bullet and visit the speed shops (TopSpeed, Forged or KillShot) or the dealer alternatives (6 Star or All Pro)

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

But the other shops can't do warranty claims for no cost to the owner.