Interview Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by blaze_cunnings, Oct 27, 2011.

1. Dear Professionals of WRXATL,

I need some advice. I have an interview in a couple weeks with Google for a user experience designer/researcher internship for the summer. Currently I am a Master's Student under Human-Computer Interaction.

Anyone have interview tips and advice I could use? I really want the job and any help would be deeply appreciated.

Thanks

Last edited: Oct 27, 2011
  2. John

John Active Member

Just don't walk in there with an IPhone in hand

3. Max Q

Max Q Member

Have a solid backup just in case you don't get the job. That way, you can walk in to the interview relaxed and not come off like you're going to shrivel up and die if you don't get a call back. Worked for me. :D

4. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

Contact Nicad, he works for Google so he should be able to give you some insight on exactly what the interview will be like.

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

practice your Rubik's cube moves

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

this, that is always the best advice. finding someone who works there and getting their insight on interviews and whether or not you would even want to work there is never a bad idea

7. cMags

cMags Member

Also, learn more about the company and be interested in its direction, not just the position. Companies want folks who are going to be excited to be a part of the team to move the company as a whole forward; even the large companies need everyone to be a team player.

8. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Nicad works there so be a butthole to the interviewer.....that's gotta work.

9. thanks everyone. Taking everything into account, also I have a friend who works at LinkedIn and he's gonna talk to some of his Google friends to get me some interview questions to prepare for.

10. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Just be straight up and honest. Be professional and presentable. And be relaxed although I know it can be hard to not be. Nervous interviews tend to not go well.

11. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

well, you already f'ed up by not having me refer you

good luck.

12. haha it wasnt intentional

13. bixs

bixs Supporting Member

the vp of development that interviewed me put a decently tricky cube puzzle in front of me and didn't really push the issue as we talked. I found out later every person he's hired had gotten the puzzle by the end.

this wasnt at google, just throwing out random shit. you never know, just roll with it though

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011