TopSpeed - 2011 Sti - 11.3@124.5mph - Stock tmic, Dom 1.5, E85

Discussion in 'TopSpeed Motorsports' started by Doug@DBW Motorsports, Oct 22, 2011.

1. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Doug@DBW Motorsports Active Member

Last night we were finally able to break away from our busy shop schedule and get our TopSpeed Motorsports 2011 Project Sti to the drag strip. Even with less then ideal track conditions we came away with some runs. Making this the fastest 2011 STi that I know of.

Our main goal all along with this TopSpeed Project has been to follow the K.I.S.S principal. Keep It Simple Stupid. No exotic ported heads, sleeved blocks, JDM cams.... etc. We wanted to build this one around a very mild well behaved setup. One that doesn't break the bank so to speak, but lays down exotic car numbers. Hard to argue with numbers like this that we have exceeded our goal.

TopSpeed has done the following mods:
    TSM SS1 shortblock
    Invidia EQL race header
    Invidia catted downpipe
    Invidia catback
    Blouch Dom1.5 (10cm)
    ID1000cc
    Walbro 390
    Inlet hose
    Cobb APv2
    TopSpeed E85 Tune
    TSM Cai

What we feel is even more impressive about this run is the fact the car is still on the OEM STOCK TMIC, stock heads, cams, and intake manifold w/tgv.

For those video BUFFS :banana:
    http://youtu.be/s4BYd86SEsE

Boost for all the drag passes was limited to 24-25psi at redline do to the TMIC intercooler not being able to support the CFM needed and currently the car makes 443whp and 486tq.

[​IMG]

With track temps around 55f last night traction was a big issues. I actually on one run got a 1.63 sixty foot but then spun hard going into third down the track. I really feel this car has a 10 pass in it with better conditions and surely one with a larger TMIC.

Here is the timeslip
    [​IMG]

Thanks,

Doug
    TopSpeed Motorsports

Last edited: Oct 22, 2011
  2. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

That Blouch Dom1.5 is looking better and better...

3. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Excellent passes Doug. What tires are on the car?

4. R888s

But it was 50 degrees...they wouldn't hook :)

5. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I imagine they wouldn't. Good going still. With a cool IC and 70's temps that car has 10's.

Are you guys planning on changing the IC or keeping it as is?

6. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

What were the average trap speeds?

7. Doug@DBW Motorsports

avg were 123-124's Highest was a 125.2mph

8. killercd4g63

killercd4g63 New Member

9. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Word on the street is this car is now for sale due to an itch for a GT-R

10. Doug@DBW Motorsports

yes car is now for sale... have a few interested buyers but no one has shown me the money...

11. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Whats the highest mileage SS1 block you know of right now? My money trigger finger is very itchy right now :eek:hnoes:

12. Doug@DBW Motorsports

30-40k... but it really all depends on how good of care and if you let the car warm up. The worst thing possible for a forged piston subaru motor is to start it up bone cold and start driving. I always let me car warm up atleast before driving it.

13. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Thanks....that's the only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger. I drive waaaaaay too much for that mileage.

14. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Cool to see some realistic mileage numbers.

15. Yo Grand Mamma drivin that thing or something! You need to get Cool____ to drive that thing for ya! He might turn some better times.

16. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

I doubt it.

17. Doug@DBW Motorsports

Been driving the car around on 93oct for the last few weeks.. Nothing new done to the car, since I am still unsure if I am going to keep it.

18. I'm just teasin. Runs good.