shooting range

Discussion in 'Meetups & Events' started by creaturewrx, Dec 1, 2011.

1. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

It seems almost everyone on here is a little gun crazy. We should have a meet up at the shooting range one day. Just see what toys everyone has! Me and my lady usually go once a week. Its 12.50 a lane for the whole day not by the hour. Thurs and Fri ladies shoot free if you wanna bring your chick. Pretty nice lanes indoors. Even if you dont have a gun you can rent one. Wednesday night is tactical night for 10 bucks you can shoot moving targets. I get range ammo there for my 9mm p89 for 11.99 and large zombie targets for a dollar. Pretty fun not sure if anyone is interested.

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

What range do you go to?

Lately we haven't been going to the range...we have a friend with some land up north of town that we shoot at.

3. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

I go to trigger time in flowery branch. I live in Gainesville though north hall by Lake lanier.

4. Texsun

Texsun Member

come up to the camp here in Dahlonega and we can go shoot!

5. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

I would love some outdoor shooting!

6. creaturewrx

creaturewrx Member

Ah man that would be great! I live pretty close to Dahlonega. When you guys usually shoot?

7. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Bought a brand new Taurus PT92 a few months back... only fired it once and its been sitting in the box :( Would love to get out and shoot. You may be a little far from me though...

8. FACE

FACE Active Member

We may actually go tonight in Marietta off canton road. They just finished up their indoor range.

9. Willsanches

Willsanches Member

^^ I was just in there on sunday lookin at guns. Cant remeber the name of the place it seems like it changes every 6 months lol

10. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

Firing line. used to be ed's guns, nick's, etc

11. wrxin8or

BTW, Adventure Outdoors just moved down South Cobb a little ways, and will soon open a 17 lane range also

12. b reel

b reel Active Member

130,000 hits to the FBI on black friday for gun purchases. how's that for the gun control pundits? new range in Newnan and PTC as well.

13. Bullseye Marksman in Cumming.

14. Jake

Jake Active Member

haven't paid to shoot in a while, but there is a free state run range down here by my parent's old house. used to go there a lot. need to buy another gun myself

15. Texsun

Texsun Member

We shoot everyday haha its a military camp.

16. Cory

Cory Member

The Ranger training camp?

17. STillGruven

STillGruven Member

What about sporting clays? Helluva a lot more fun than golf! Bring your own gun and ammo. Split a golf cart three or four ways. 15 stations with up to 4 shots at each one. Less than 40 bucks.

BIG FUN!

18. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

That's where I shoot

19. Texsun

Texsun Member

yeah

20. 97s14

97s14 New Member

My wife and I just shot this past week at Bullseye in Cumming we always stop at the Academy to purchase ammo and targets before hitting the range.

21. 97s14

97s14 New Member

Can anyone shoot at the ranger camp? Looking for an outdoor range.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  22. Texsun

Texsun Member

Not anyone just gotta be accompanied by me or someone else stationed here. We can only allow civilians to shoot when we do not have students so let me know your ideal times to go and ill see our schedule.

23. Cory

Cory Member

I would like to go there some time to throw some brass down range. I'm up in Maryland though.

24. plucky

plucky Member

Tom Lowes for skeet is pretty good idea for group outing.
    But in this cold not for me.

Used to go to American marksman, also liked the Sandy Springs one.
    Haven't being to Quick Shot but heard its ok. Good to see range within the perimeter.

25. AtlxPat

AtlxPat Active Member

im heading over there today, im actually really good friends with josh the gunsmith there

26. 97s14

97s14 New Member

My brother-in law and I will go to Firing line this Saturday for the first time to check it out. I would love to go on the weekdays especially Friday to take advantage of the couples discount but I get off at 6 and that range closes at 8.

27. BlueByeYou

BlueByeYou Banned

New Range down here in McDonough in the old 84 Lumber building, indoor handgun and I believe rifle range.

28. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

I went to Firing Line on Tuesday. I didn't know they had remodeled and I was quite pleased with what all they had done. I used to frequent Sharp Shooters in Alpharetta, but since I'm living in Woodstock now, I need something closer to the house.

As for a WRXATL range day, I'm down...I need more practice with my USP, so any excuse to get out and sling some lead is a good one.

29. wrxin8or

There was a place farther north on canton called parnells or something, but the firing line is the best around imo.

What usp do you have? I have a bunch of .45 usp stuff i cant use anymore and would be willing to let go super cheap.

30. techlord

techlord Active Member

I may swing by firing line tomorrow. I have to break in my LCP and look into a Sig P220 Dark elite