I bought a WRX with wrxatlanta.com stickers, any info on this car?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mannyb18b, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

I have this nice 04 wrx wagon I just picked up, it had wrxatlanta.com stickers on it so just wondering if the previous owner is on here and can share some info on the car with me? When I got the car, the tranny was fubarred , and it over heated. I have put a 07 rear diff plus and 07 5 speed manual tranny in the car, and I removed the thermostat and car runs great and is very fast, boosts 22-23psi.

[​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Zacks old car maybe. From what I know it has a 2.5 and 18g

3. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

I'm not very familiar with subies. How can I tell if it's a 25 or a 20?

4. Banana

Banana Member

Reinstall that thermostat and fix it correctly before you overheat it again

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

Post some pics of the engine bay and we have plenty of people here that will help. Also, if you can find the engine code on the block that will help you identify if it's 2.5 or 2.0.

6. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

Oh crap. It is a 2.5. What do you mean fix it correctly? lol. Obviously a stuck thermo was the reason....I'm just gunna leave the thermo out.

7. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

This thing is FAST. Anyone here wanna but it for super cheap!?? It's got 79k miles. I'm thinking 11k?

8. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Wow 11k...

9. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

Is that a lot?

10. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

That's actually a good price. Especially since the transmission was just swapped and the low mileage. Any history on the car?

11. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

THats why I joined here...to get history on it LOL

12. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

I own a Nissan Skyline GTR , this wrx was bought for my business, a used car dealership. I am 23 yrs old and a serious Enthusiast so I knew I wanted this car as soon as I saw it pop up at the auction. I am willing to give it to a fellow enthusiast for a better price than some dumb jacko around here getting his mommy to buy a car for them.

13. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

already trying to sell...

14. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

Well...ya.

15. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

probably going to need to set yourself up as a vendor since this isn't a private sale.

16. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

It's not a for sale thread either.

17. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Welcome.

And yet you've offered this car for sale in this thread at least twice.

:|

18. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

Are all WRX owners like this? Jesus. No wonder you guys have such a bad wrap in the community.

19. Matt

No, we're just really protective over people buying and attempting to flip a car without even so much as introducing yourself. It's very clear you have no intentions of being a part of this community, all you want to do is sell a car for a profit. This is a close knit group, who don't like to get screwed by new people. Yes, it's happened in the past, which is why we're like this.

Also, it's rep, not wrap.

20. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

It's very clear this thread was simply to try and obtain information about the car. I've had multiple bug eyes before, I've had very close friends in the Subaru tuning scene in California with absolutely amazing cars.

If all I wanted to do was sell a car for a profit, I wouldn't have either bothered offering it for sale on here... I'm not new to this in any way shape or form, enthusiast on a forum don't pay... it happens everywhere. Take the negativity elsewhere.

21. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

I just want to know what else is on this car...simple as that

22. Matt

So, let's recap. You claim you've had multiple bug eyes and are an enthusiast, yet earlier in this thread, you also stated you're not familiar with Subarus. You didn't even know where to look to find out what engine was in the car.

If you were an enthusiast, you wouldn't have taken the thermostat out. You would have replaced it. You know...so it would be running properly...and safely.

You offered it for sale for 11k. If you had paid 11k for it, you would have said that, but I'm guessing you paid about $4500 or so, so offering 11k right off the bat is attempting to make a profit. Not to mention you said you own a used car business. congratulations, like most used car salesmen you're a liar and pretty much scum of the earth.

This looks to be that car.

23. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  24. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

Ya dumbass. I have sold over 6 bugeyes off my lot...I never once owned one as my personal car...and never would LOL. The car is a giant LOL in general to me for a personal car. I am an enthusiast, I own a GTR that will rape everything on here, you subaru people are real idiots!! Run safely!?? LMFAO :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ya..the thermo out is really unsafe....wow.... do you know anything about an open system and mechanics in general? Because apparently subaru owners are just as bad as HONDA KIDS. You are an idiot an know nothing about cars. Come bring your Subaru and line it up against my skyline and get raped fagboy. Im done with this stupid ass forum, you suburu guys are real idiots

25. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

hurry up an ban me

26. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

and ya thats the car. thanks for the info lol. I highly doubt that guy properly diagnosed the problem...how the hell can you tell if a ring land is cracked specifically

27. WTF lol. Who the hell is this guy? Either he is someone playing a bad joke or just a dickhead.

WRX/Subie owners are some of the respected in the "community" of auto enthusiasts. It would be wise to read the rules of the forum. Even wiser, Mr. 23 year old with Skyline (not very amused), go get a Honda.

28. If finding out info on the car was it...i believe they have something called...crap what's the name of it...Carfax. Start there, get the name of the previous owner, and go from there.

29. b reel

b reel Active Member

Delette go away!

30. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

Wow what a douche. Are all Skyline owners like this? We dont give a fuck about your rare imported car that is probably here illegally. And isn't b18b a Honda engine code? If it is Zach's car it was properly diagnosed as a cracked ring land and rebuilt and then sold about a year ago. I'm guessing whoever bought it from him broke the transmission and sold it to you for dirt cheap.

31. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

its zach car. its been rebuilt compeltely. its running tits.

32. lol yep b18b is integra ls motor. Probably is a Honda douche bag poser. It was pretty cool to own one before they were made available in the US (GTR), no so much any more.

33. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

they bought it, put 5k miles on it before stripping second gear, got scared and traded it in at a new car dealership. From which they send there cars to dealer only auctions not avail to the public, and that is where I purchased it from. I fixed all the little crap and blemished and made it a very nice car

34. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

35. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

36. mannyb18b

mannyb18b Banned

RB27DET. Manley rods, CP pistons, .001 extra clearanced bearings, REIMAX oil pump, 3quart accusump, Getrag V161 transmission, PT6265bb twin scroll, 110oct.

37. gfred024

gfred024 Member

I bet he has a tiny weenie.

38. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

39. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

40. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

ugly car.

41. Matt

Aww, look at that...the immature kid gets butthurt when the truth comes out. You're no enthusiast. You're a piece of shit lying scumbag used car salesman. Congratulations! You have a 20 year old car, that's more than likely here illegally. I hope the feds come seize it and crush it in front of you.

Actually no, I don't wish them to do that. Although, it does look like one of the GT-R's that I used to trash when I was hanging out with a local shop that imports them. Illegally.

Clearly you don't know how engines work. A thermostat is essential. It slows down the flow and keeps water in the radiator long enough to cool down, or motor overheats. But, you're a used car salesman, not a mechanic. So all you care about is turning a profit for a member's car. Good job.

If you actually noticed, I don't have a Subaru, but I DO have a vested interest in this community.

Go fuck yourself.

42. nicad

nicad Yes I am a troll

43. Matt

44. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

You sound like a 16 year old pretending to be 18 posting on importatlanta acting like anyone gives a fuck.

and lol at that skyline. I was going to buy it few years back, that shits been under at least 10 people in past 4 years.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2012
  45. Matt

[​IMG]

nice photo...was that taken from when you robbed that convenience store?

46. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Well... Dang what a thread to read! I was like wtf howd this thing get to two pages so quick.

47. nygiant

nygiant Member

48. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

WRXAtl we has a bad wrap in the community, yo

49. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

I don't think this tool expected to get completely shit on when posting on here trying to use us... glad he did though

50. Jake

Jake Active Member

he'll sell it to some unsuspecting IA fanboi who will blow it up, only hope their parents are rich enough to afford a good lawyer to sue the fuck out of him and his stealership