Cant believe i had not made my Leggy thread yet

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by WRboXer, Nov 9, 2011.

1. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Well figured it was time to make a thread for my leggy. Picked a cheap 05 Legacy GT with 83k mails, hail and small general body damage, but very well set-up.

Power
    -Invidia 3" catted downpipe
    -Perrin resonated 3" V-band mid pipe
    -Prodrive Mufflers(no longer made, expensive, and very tasteful/quiet)
    -Grimspeed EBCS
    -Perrin top mount intercooler
    -Cobb AP v.2 tuned at Topspeed making 280whp/320wtq

Suspension
    -RCE Tarmac 1's(manufactured by KW, RCE custom valving and spring rates)
    -Perrin front and rear sway bars
    -Perrin end links
    -Perrin upgraded HD sway bar mounts
    -Zerks(sp?) grease fittings on the sway bar bushings for easy re greasing
    -OEM wheels with Fuzion HRI's

Exterior/Interior
    -Nothing yet, parts in hand/plans below
    -Have a Jazzymod AUX input mod, there is no aux input or aftermarket headunit options for early model legacys, this is a board/ground loop interrupt/ipod cable that charges and plays ipod/aux music by tapping into the cd sound line and playing a silent disc.
    -STI replica rear lip, picked this guy up already painted my cars color, going to be removing my rear wing and doing whatever is necessary with the holes from the wing.
    -Will be ordering a sti replica front lip, i think the nice subtle front and rear lips lowered with a decent sized wheel will look great.
    -Currently has a Draw-Tite tow hitch and Yakima aluminum bike rack for my bike carrying needs.

Pics
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

In bike carrying form
    [​IMG]

Sti rear lip
    [​IMG]

Overall, i love this freakin car. Driving on the highway, you dont even know its modified. The RCE's at the current ride hieght ride better then anything performance related that i have ever ridden in, the Prodrive mufflers are basically an OEM designed performance muffler, they are probably the most quiet available and are easily 400hp capable. Its decently quick probably trapping 102-103, it has way more room then an impreza. Its all around more subtle. I think when i get done with it i will look pretty stellar as well.

Trying to decide what i want to do about a turbo. I can easily and cheapy rebuild the stocker to an 18g equivalent, throw in my injectors and fp, and a-b-c it will make 320whp and be a great/fun DD. But then i can go for the turbo i really want and fmic, it will cost me $1400 more in overall set-up, but will spool the same and be a 450whp capable turbo.

Overall idea for this car is cheap and effective, whatever does the most for the least is what i do best and that idea should transfer over nicely to this car as well.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  2. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Andddd now how the car currently sits with JNA lip, roof rack, aluminum lugs, i love cheap cars that have cheap parts. 235" PS2's, wheel spacer, and lower coming soon.

[​IMG]

3. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Which JNA Lip is that? Is it for a STI and you made it fit?

4. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Clean. Nice job.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

6. Berzerklo

Berzerklo Active Member

Nice car! I am jealous of those Prodrives!

7. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

man, nice car
    sounds like it came with the "right" mods for a daily that won't wake up the neighborhood

price you picked it up for? "sub $10k range"?
    Joe

8. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Sub 7k range, thats close enough.

Prodrive what?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

hellava deal man!

Joe

10. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

mufflers?

11. lsnaple

lsnaple Member

Sweet deal! I'd love a newer legacy, I really like the 08-09's.

12. Cool_____

Cool_____ Banned

Beautiful car even with it's war marks from hail.

I've always love these cars and how sleeper they can be.

If I had one I wouldn't cross much pass 350hp unless you are absolutely not worried about busted ring lands.

Killer deal on that car too man. Props.

13. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

something about having a car that you can rag on every day and not worry about the paint, putting "hard" miles on it, and in general not worrying about putting nice stuff on it, cheap stuff that works is the ticket for this car. :)

Built shortblock is def expected, but if it doesnt need one then fine by me.

14. MeFryRice

MeFryRice Member

That's an awesome car. I've always loved the Legacies.

15. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

BNR 18g, upgraded actuator, IPT oil feed line and filter in
    [​IMG]
    DW 850's came back from flow test at 880's
    [​IMG]
    Waiting on my DW65c from infamous and scheduling a dated with dougy doug

16. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

Very nice ride man...I love my leggy too bro fun to drive and very inconsipcuous. I agree with you on all points. Very roomy and lots of potential..Im still trying to figure out my direction with mine.

17. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Mine is for sale if anyone wants one ;) lol. Great looking car!! Let's see numbers after mods!

18. slade1274

slade1274 Member

I'll give you $7k for it. :rofl:

19. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Sub par number for the 18g in my book, but itll still do just fine. Everything added was basically reliability mods anyways.

17psi and 21psi 93 oct maps below. 17psi map is what ill be running 99% of the time.
    [​IMG]

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

those are exact vf39 numbers (290/340) on my old wrx w/hybrid motor.....

21. Sharpe

Sharpe Member

close....297/341

great looking car!

22. Jake

Jake Active Member

i was estimating my exact numbers