Seized Bolts on My Bobber Build - Help

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nygiant, Apr 2, 2012.

1. nygiant

nygiant Member

So I'm stripping down my bike since I have all the parts I need for the build. I was in process of taking off the fender and fender attachments when I encountered 3 seized hex key bolts. They stripped conveniently and I don't wtf to do now. Ive been trying use pliers to twist those fuckers off, and got one...the other two aren't going anywhere. I've sprayed them with pb blaster but its hard to get to the thread since its behind those chrome piece screwed into the frame.

Here are pics of the bolts with a warm display of how I feel about them....

Suggestions pllllleeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaasssssseeeee!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

you could always get a reverse tap set, countersink a drill bit in them and back them out that way

may have mixed up the terminology, but that's what i call it. It's essentially what you use when you break off a bolt head and need to get the threads out.

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

drill the center of the bolt with a bit smaller than the Allen head. the heat will usually free it up to remove, if not then go up in size and use an easy out. be sure to spray while drilling too

4. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

If you don't care for the bolts, use a dremel or cut off wheel to cut a channel acorss the bolt and then use a flathead to take it out.

5. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

easy out...that's the name of that doomajigger i was looking for

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

we sell them at lowes ~$4-6

7. BKiller

BKiller Active Member

This!

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Impact screwdriver.

9. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

+11ty billion on this one

Joe

10. nygiant

nygiant Member

got everything together almost. i ended up cutting the heads of the bolts off with a dremel and using pliers to break it loose.

11. nygiant

nygiant Member

made a little progress. excuse the mess - i know i need to clean up my work area :p

i kinda like it without the rear fender

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. nygiant

nygiant Member

also, brakes suck and the fork performance is terrible, so the fluid needs to be changed i'm sure.
    so to add to the list-
    -brake pads for front
    -brake fluid change
    -fork oil change
    -coolant change

i would also like to get a nicer lookin headlamp, along with some drage bars and nicer grips. ahh its coming along

any suggestions on a paint scheme? i was thinkin army olive drab that i can just doing myself with some rattle can paint. maybe even a flat or matte black

power on this thing is seriously lacking. i was contemplating throwing on a small turbo for a nice little umph...gotta do more research on how that would work with a carb