Dry beneath deck system

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by techlord, May 2, 2012.

1. techlord

techlord Active Member

Anyone have any recommendations? Know anyone who sells or installs these systems?
    Thanks

2. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

3. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I have no experience other than using one (my parents). BEST thing ever! One day I'll add on to my house with a similar system.

DO IT!

4. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

i replied to this thread.. i guess it didn't take

we tried to make one 2 years ago. my father in law had this crazy concept the he could completely dry out the under deck using cault...200 tubes of caulk later...I think he gave up...

these systems can be very expensive..might as well consider $5k+ to start. also, you want to ensure you have a relatively new deck.

Joe

5. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

all depends on how much you want to spend. I've seen both tin and fiberglass used. You're basically just building a roof under your deck like what you would use for a lean to or a shed. Rip 2x4s corner to corner to create the angle from front to back. I'm obviously not nearly the baller some of you are. I will build mine.

The site linked below has some really nice finished products.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Ditch the deck and build this....much cooler.

[​IMG]

7. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

404 - site not found.

8. techlord

techlord Active Member

Deck is under 300sq ft so the max it should cost is 3K. Most are around $9-11 sq ft.
    I can buy a custom made kit for around $4.50sq ft but would need an installer. I could but would rather pay someone while I drink beer and watch.

9. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I was referring to the site wrxin8or linked to. I'd post it again, but they aren't paying me/us. If you find somebody that's worth a shit for a decent price definitely post up. I've got a good garage door guy, but that's pretty much it.

10. techlord

techlord Active Member

gotcha, I called but they were closed.

Also, looking for stamped concrete connections.

11. lobelsteve

lobelsteve Member

Very happy with Rainaway. Works perfect, looks great. Most important is excellent service. All problems fixed in 24 hrs of calling. Nearby tornado lifted panels and they came out and put it back together. On install they fixed where the deck guy screwed up.

12. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

for the record, saw the Rainway truck yesterday in my neighborhood. I thought about calling them
    Joe