Good Tint Place

Discussion in 'Modifications & DIY how-to' started by atl_sti, Jun 13, 2012.

1. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

Anyone know of a really good tint place? I'm looking for a place that doesnt take shortcuts. I see a lot of tinted cars where you can see the cut line at the base of the window and uneven cut lines at the top. I'd really like a place that can do micro-edging so it looks like a factory tint job. Any ideas? TIA.

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I was told to hit up Oasis in Lawrenceville area. I've heard good things about K&L in Norcross. Hot Spot Tinting in Marietta is apparently pretty good too.

Let's meet up talk about getting 2 done at once. Might help in pricing. :)

3. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

Sounds good to me. I'd like to find a place that's open on saturday. Hate to take a day off just for tint.

4. Matt

Most places I know are open on the weekends.

5. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

I'm thinking about getting the car Opti-coated instead of a clear bra, have you heard of this? A few of the members on FT86Club have done it and it seems to really make the paint shine. It's some sort of hard clear coating.

6. Matt

Yeah, I was just reading up on that a little while ago.

I'm not sure what to do.

7. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

I called Hot Shot and spoke to Katie. She said there are couple of different offerings ranging from $199 - $399. I think I'm going to go with the middle option since it's a 3M Carbon Film. It's normally $240 but she said if we both get it done there, she'll give us each a $20 discount. I also told her that I'm extremely picky and dont want to see lines at the bottom/top of the window, she said that's not a problem just mention it to her when I bring the car in and the can shave the top and make sure the tint goes below the window line.

8. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Professional Window Tint
    678-207-6676

He did mine and several friends. His office is below Sound Sensations but he will travel to you. It has been perfect.

9. Matt

$220 sounds reasonable, especially for the carbon film. Are you planning on getting the front windshield done?

Let's plan something soon. How late are they open?

10. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

I went with Rsutton's suggestion, and that guy is awesome!! $220 with front strip, top notch job. I told him I'd tell you about it. I got 35% all around if you want to check it out.

11. Matt

Good to know...thanks Shawn!

12. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

13. Matt

This is what comes up when I google that number. Is this them?

http://njwindowtint.net/index.html

14. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

i'm sure if you have 2 cars, he'd consider coming up this way
    he also offers a ceramic tint so that it doesnt interfere with GPS and other technology's that are inside the car.

Tell him I sent you.

Joe

15. atl_sti

atl_sti Member

16. Matt

these guys are awesome!

[​IMG]

17. 5spdfrk

5spdfrk Active Member

Looks good, but what makes them different from anyone else?

18. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Matt - looks good! Where did you end up going and what kind of tint? I need to get some tint and wouldn't mind jumping in a group discount

19. Matt

They were pretty quick, yet VERY thorough and just a pleasure to deal with. They're super busy right now, but still managed to get my car done in a fair amount of time.

Same place mentioned above. NJ Window Tint in Marietta. I went with the SunTek CXP (carbon hybrid) at 35%.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/automotive/automotive-cxp.aspx