opinions on this project

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mokinbird87, Aug 29, 2012.

1. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i was working on a small, FR layout sportscar for panoz as my school project but it never materialized... just wondering what you guys think of it. modeling isnt the smoothest it can be as i never really learned how to model cars...
    [​IMG]

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

aesthetically it looks cool, i see old jaguar shapes to it.

the rear end looks droopy because of the shape of the taillights and the placement of the exhaust. almost like its melting.

like it though

3. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

I like it.

Is the peak above the rear tires intentional?

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

def looks panoz to me, i like it.

5. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

I like the design of it too. Overall I think the lines have a nice flow to them. I also agree with yerrow with the 'melting' look of the lights and exhaust housing.

I'm guessing that peak on the arch is not intended and is a 'non-sewed' patch if you were nurbs modeling this.

6. mokinbird87

yea the peak is unintentional haha it was supposed to be a smooth curve.

7. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

Thats pretty cool. The lines are real sleek. Only thing I'd improve on is to make the entire car have a wider body. When I see the back end it looks rather small. But thats just my two cents and I have no photgraphy or modeling skills what so ever. LMAO.

8. mokinbird87

9. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

I like it too. I would pull some line down the side though. The front fender to door to rear 1/4 looks really flat. That could just be the render though.

10. Tank

Tank Member

I like what you have done. It brings to mind some of my favorite classics: Ferrari 250 GTO, Shelby Daytona Coupe and the 1967 Ford Mustang Fastback. I do agree with rsutton1223 as some sculpting down the side of the car would give it just a little more character. Nicely done.

11. mokinbird87

yup. needs more dynamic form overall i think. i`ll keep you guys posted.

12. mokinbird87

new direction... i think it`s more dynamic now...
    [​IMG]

13. Tank

Tank Member

Nice changes.

14. mokinbird87

i keep changing it haha.. it looks pretty different already

15. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

What are you studying in school? Seems like a cool field to be in.

16. mokinbird87

i`m in industrial design. originally i wanted to pursue automotive design but learned that they are completely separate haha. I enjoy what i do, but i`m more passionate about cars.

btw, this project is really going somewhere finally... i was so frustrated because i hated the way things looked.

i`m gonna put it on kickstarter after i finish so that i can get some attention from Panoz.