Integra Stolen....AGAIN

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by liltoua, Sep 14, 2012.

1. liltoua

liltoua Member

Just ranting because this just screwed up my Friday. My Integra that I gave to my little brother has been stolen....AGAIN. Not once....not twice, but this is the THIRD time now. I'm talking about physically getting stolen. That doesn't count the amount of times it's been broken into...which adds up to 4. Each time, I've taken my time and money to repair the damages and replace it with stock stuff.

The only thing that draws attention on this car is the fact that it's lowered on springs and has side markers. I was to lazy to find stock suspension and I didn't want to take out the side markers because it would leave a hole in the front fenders. The car has 14 inch hubcap wheels from a civic for crying out loud. I don't even know why this car would be targeted, the paint looks like shit and is peeling everywhere.

This car has been stolen/broken into so many times, I'm not even phased at the fact that it's gone. I'm sure anyone would be piss in this situation, but sadly it's happen so many times that I'm not even worried about it. I'm more worried about the Subaru more than anything else.

Anyways if you are driving around and see an abandoned green Integra with it's driver side mirror peeling and passanger side door handle broken....that's the one :squint:

2. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

They are targeted cause they are so dang easy to steal and parts sell fast on them at Race Wars.

3. Texsun

Texsun Member

If I remember correctly... dont allot of keys mix and match? They might of had a few different keys on hand to find the one that works...

4. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

That's actually quite a bit of cars, not just Hondas.

A buddy of mine had a 300ZX...started dating a girl who also had a 300ZX. Same body, different year. They realized somewhere in their short dating that her key completely worked in his car and vice versa...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

My Porsche 911 key will crank up my 1989 Nissan pickup.

6. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

It was probably those Asian kids.....You know how the Asians are....

J\K

That area sucks for car theft.

7. liltoua

liltoua Member

I just wonder if any of the other rice rockets around my area get stolen as well. I see civics/integra drive pass my house ALL the time and parked in driveways on my way to work. I need to put signs in my front yard with Gun warnings and Will shoot at will LOL. Would that be violating anything? That I carry and will shoot any trespassers?

8. WRXbryanATL

WRXbryanATL Member

I think most people carry and shoot trespassers/thieves.. you should be good on that one

9. slowwrx

You can't really shoot them unless they actually pose a threat to you or if they are in your house.

10. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Actually your car is an extension of the Castle Doctrine but still they must pose a threat to you and you must be in the car so you are right.

11. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

where are you in gwinnett?

12. liltoua

liltoua Member

Lilburn, there are so many damn rice rockets around this area it's not even funny.

Just an FYI

My friend got his bike stolen about 2 months ago. My other friend saw listings for parts off the same year R6 bike. He went to go check out the part and ask him if he had any other parts for the same year because he pretending to build a track bike. My friend got a glimpse of his garage and saw a couple bikes being torn down. Called the cops and he was later arrested. This was also in Lilburn about 8 mins from my house.

13. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

time to move.

14. K. Marx

K. Marx Member

One of my friends had a 93 civic hatch (completely stock HF... even had steel wheels) stolen three times here in the College Park/ East Point area.

First time it was found by the police and was okay.

Second time HE found it because he was behind the thieves as they were joy riding in it a few days after it was stolen; he called the police and followed them until the cops caught up.

The third time the police found it again... as an absolutely stripped shell in a field up in Henry county.

Thing had @ 300,000 miles on it, so at least he got his fair share of use out of it.

15. mokinbird87

mokinbird87 Active Member

i think thieves find it easier to steal cheaper cars...

16. liltoua

liltoua Member

Yea I understand if someone is going to steal the car and drive it around stolen, but I think thieves these days or maybe in my area at least, just steal it take anything valuable and dump the car. In my case and your friends car case...these are nothing but old beaters that you just drive from point A to B. You can't have anything nice these days...or in my case, decent. That integra doesn't even look appealing, the paint is fading and peeling from a horrible paint job.

17. Texsun

Texsun Member

pretty much goes back to being a hard target vs a soft target... would you attack a tank or would you attack a Humvee. In other words would you steal a civic/integra or would you jack the bmw with a chip in the key.

18. liltoua

liltoua Member

^^ Yea sadly that's the truth (-_-). I don't think it's worth putting an alarm system in it because when I look at it, it's not even worth stealing, but I would rather have a car then no car. I don't want to invest ANY money into the car besides maintenance.

19. Texsun

Texsun Member

You should tell your brother to keep alert at night, possibly park in a different location. If someone was jacking my vehicle repeatedly I would come up with a plan to never let it happen again...

These take 10 seconds to put on and 5 to take off... Can be had for under 20 bux!

[​IMG]

20. Jake

Jake Active Member

no castle doctrine in GA.

and integras are and always have been one of the most stolen vehicles, next to civics.

21. Texsun

Texsun Member

Double check your doctrines ;)

Just like everything else in the US, it's mett-tc.

22. gfred024

gfred024 Member

Might be time to move.

23. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

i always wonder when the teggy's down the street from you are going to be stolen for parts too.

the sad truth is that if you own a 90's to early 2000's civic or integra in south gwinnett, its just a matter of time.

thats why i won't own another one while we live where we live. THANKFULLY our subarus never enjoyed the overwhelming popularity of the honda world

24. sikwrx04

sikwrx04 Member

That thing saved my hatch from getting stolen in gwinnett about 2 years ago, saw them breaking in on video after the incident and they hammered the shyt out of it..... crazy thing is now that i have my wrx i still USE it!!! So paranoid, its ashamed to drive a vehicle and have to worry about it so much...those damn PAB thieves......don't worry Toua will find them!!

25. Eco Auto Clean

Eco Auto Clean Active Member

Man that sucks bro! My mom lives like half a mile from you too. Really hope you find out who did it / the car. Keep us updated!!!

26. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

You need to rig up a can of bear mace in there

27. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Sucks to hear man.... Makes me even more nervous about my girls 2004 Civic we just got...

28. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Do you know how easy those are to break? Not really that hard.

29. Texsun

Texsun Member

Everything is breakable, I didn't say indestructable. Just like the saying a lock keeps an honest man honest.

30. liltoua

liltoua Member

Oh yea forgot to update this thread. So a Gwinnett Detective called me like last week and told me they found in it Stone Mountain Area. Told me they pretty much just took the leather seats, head unit, GPS, and broke the ignition column. That's all he told me on the phone. Told me it still runs fine. He didn't tell me where and if I can go see the car. My parents called them back, but as you can see I don't really care much for the car anymore. It's probably sitting in the impound lot accumulating a nice little fee, so were just gonna let them have it.

31. 4sevens

4sevens Member

Do this... buy an old ipad with 3g - even with a broken screen... setup up with $10/month shared plan with someone who has a shared plan... when the car disappears again, use find my ipad to locate it and chase it down.

32. slowwrx

If it runs Ill pay the storage fees on it as long as they aren't crazy. Hell I always need a spare running and driving vehicle. Let me know Ill throw you some cash as well.

33. Jake

Jake Active Member

i may also be interested in it too. i am buying a 98 LS and will need some parts

34. liltoua

liltoua Member

I'll let you guys know about the car once I know about it.

35. slade1274

slade1274 Member

36. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

^ rofl!

37. Jake

Jake Active Member

problem with something like that, is a career criminal will look at that and say:
    [​IMG]

and questions regarding your integra. didn't see where you said what year it is? LS? GS-R?

there are tons of different parts i would be interested in. lmk

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012