US Embassy attacked and the actions afterwords.....a detailed discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by CelticPride, Sep 13, 2012.

1. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Please keep this discussion respectful and "professional". If not then this thread will be removed and we are big kids here so lets talk all this out in a rational and respectful way.

So as many of you may or may not know, the US Embassy was attacked two nights ago. As a result the US Ambassador died along with 3 other Americans. Also 10 Libyans died as a result trying to help the US Embassy personnel. Search the news feeds if you want to know more in detail.

But the bottom line is 4 Americans are dead. What should now happen? People according to my social media feed are mostly calling for an all out war. People are outraged that an apology was issued.....This is what my question pertains to.

What do I think? Well for starters the apology to the Islam faith was NOT issued after the riots/attacks. It was issued before the Embassy was attacked in hope to ward off any future attacks. So that is one fact that a vast majority are getting wrong. They think the apology was issued after the attacks (do correct me if I am wrong but from what I have researched it was before the actual attack). Now many think we need to flat out go into a full out war with Libya. I disagree. Punish the small extremist group responsible....not everyone in the area. We can't afford to get into an all out war like we had this last decade especially when there is no call for it.

As I think over this more I will add to it but for now I'll fire this off for discussion.

Remember keep it respectful and professional please.

2. techlord

techlord Active Member

the statement was before the attack and goes to show you that those animals dont respect anything but POWER!!! I didn't see the statement as an apology but weakness. Its what I expect from this president.
    I agree, no all out war, but hunt down and "croak" those responsible for his death.

3. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

I don't the POTUS really had anything to do with the apology. I think the embassy itself was the one that did it. *again I may be wrong*

4. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Im tired of all out wars against sand countries. Lets not waste our citizens, time, or money on another one. Kill those responsible, move on.

This was posted up on CNN for a while, its been taken down since.

[​IMG]

5. techlord

techlord Active Member

well, yes and no. they regurgitate his belief that if you are nice to them they will be nice back. it doesn't matter what you do or say the extremest think of us as infidels an want us dead.

6. Jake

Jake Active Member

http://www.buzzfeed.com/jtes/12-photos-of-benghazi-citizens-apologizing-to-amer

there you go.

this is NOT Libya, but Libyans, some even suggest al qaeda whom have infiltrated all middle eastern nations and are trying to influence the weak governments there. really sending any American response therefore will be a waste of time/money/resources. but at the same time, withdrawing from Libya or Egypt all together would signal a win for the terrorist groups.

Like I said on Facebook, had this video been made by a Muslim about Jesus, accusing him of being a child molester and womanizer, you can bet your last red cent that some dumbass rednecks would have stormed some Mosque in the US and shot a bunch of innocent people.....

7. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

That I agree with you on.

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Eh I'm not quite so sure about that. There are videos out there made by Islamists downplaying Jesus.

9. ChrisW

ChrisW Member

Exactly

10. Jake

Jake Active Member

11. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

12. Jake

Jake Active Member

well i generalized (much like these people did). haha, redneck/white supremacist, SAME THING!

13. techlord

techlord Active Member

14. Mad Mallard

Mad Mallard the mad mallard

the problem here that follows attacks like this is that it should have 2 questions that follow.

1: where was the local authorities when it was happening?

2: what are the local authorities doing in response?

To give those more perspective. Think of a major 1st world country. Lets just say UK. Say their Saudi embassy gets bombed.

Do the UK just stand there? Do they assign a couple local municipality detective cops on it? Or do they call the friggin Scotland Yard in and the full weight of the national government?

So what happens in response to Libya and Egypt? There is almost no authoritative reaction.

Which means the answer is either a: they wont, or b: they can't.

either one of those options is something that should make a room go cold, because it either means we have no diplomatic weight, or the area is teetering alot more on the edge than we realise the entire time. Either way, the indifference speaks volumes.

15. b reel

b reel Active Member

outside/inside forces have been inciting the mob mentality for quite sometime, this is not a new tactic. If the limp dick keeps pimping himself out to the hip hop crowd I think Mosad will unleash all sorts of dirty little secrets upon the public. The next 6 weeks shall be quite entertaining to say the least.

16. Jake

Jake Active Member

in Libya their military was ousted, therefore they have no military (other than the rebels who ousted the regime) and what police force they have is sure to be ill equipped and under trained.

in Egypt their military has only recently conceded control of the government operations to the newly elected Muslim Brotherhood, so you can bet they aren't about to lift a finger for them.

17. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

I say we go in and kill roughly 1.5 million Libyans like we did with Iraqis for 9/11. That will show the world we mean business.

18. Texsun

Texsun Member

I will not enter this debate... however I must say!

'MERICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  19. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

20. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

+1 snuff them out, call it a day...

Joe

21. Texsun

Texsun Member

It was more than likely photoshopped that's why it was removed.

22. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

add this to the EXTREMELY long list of why religion is a terrible, evil thing. I don't mean to disrespect individuals on here, but this is why I loathe religion and religious fanatics. This is a shame, and it's a geographical shame. A person is not born to a certain god, they're born to a certain family on a certain plot of land, and they become brainwashed by ignorance to believe what the morons above them have preached to and shoved down their throats. It's [fornicating] pathetic.

As far as a response - [fornicate] them. pull out, let them kill each other. They've done it for the last two thousand years, they're not going to stop now. You can't negotiate with terrorist, you can either kill them or let them kill each other. Keep them contained to their own sandy [poop]hole, and [fornicate] any of them who try to escape. Who cares if us pulling out of these countries looks weak; I would much rather look like a weak snob than send thousands of people to their deaths (referring to our military).

edit - i'm behind in the news, so i don't even know the particulars of this conversation. However, this response has been my own for a long, long time, regardless of what stupid deity based bull[poop] incited it.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2012
  23. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Why not? I'd love to hear a soldiers view.

24. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Sarcasm or are you being for real? So you think innocent bystanders should die because of a few extremists? Not to mention the additional trillions of dollars it would put us into? We are $16 trillion now and climbing.

25. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

First off thanks man for flipping the swear filter here at work....would you kindly fix so I can at least keep viewing responses on my PC and not the craptastic Atrix?

Second I agree with the religion statement. I'm a Christian believer but that's a personal belief between me and God. However the enforcing and all that mess on other people I disagree with and is the vast problem with the world. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and if we as the human race can't respect other's opinion then we are a massive failure. Can't everyone just get along?

And on the pulling out comment. I 100% agree. Yes it's bad 4 Americans got killed. Send in the military, extract any other Americans and send them back home. Let those guys deal with their own problems as long as it doesn't affect US citizens.

26. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

^ the joys of working for an a$$ backwards company. ;)

27. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

It gets annoying but it pays the bills :)

28. Matt

Taken from a friend on facebook:

29. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Heh.

Who gives a flip about burning a flag it's cotton or polyester....whoop dee doo.

To me no difference as taking a dump on the front porch of someone you don't like. Pisses ya off but nothing to go killing over.

30. Mad Mallard

Except, the problem is this wasn't a mob. They just chose an unruly mob as a good cover time to make their move.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/13/world/middleeast/us-envoy-to-libya-is-reported-killed.html?_r=1&hp

these were tactically minded militants.

31. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

It's pathetic. My Facebook feed is full of Reagan did this Reagan did that instead of apologizing.

Get your facts right. The apology was BEFORE any attacks and was retracted after the attacks. Administration has vowed justice......what do people expect....to launch nuclear missles ASAP? Sheesh

32. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

I say we make flags give off a really noxious/poisonous gas when burned and then setup a business to help distribute them to the middle east.

33. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Perhaps infused them with bath salts?

34. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Wouldn't that be a terrorist act?

P.S. :rofl:

35. Kokopelli

Kokopelli Active Member

It is no different than what the Chinese are doing by putting crap in childrens toys.

36. b reel

b reel Active Member

even worse, dog food

37. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Have you even tried dog food? I doubt you did, its delicious.

38. Matt

He wasn't knocking dog food...was saying that the Chinese are loading it up with toxins and filler crap.

39. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

[​IMG]

Edit: thought this was funny even though it's technically not on Lybia itself.

40. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Still waiting on Texsun to chime in. Most all my military friends agree with me.....extract the left over Americans, snipe the ones responsible covert style and quit funding that dump of sand.

41. Texsun

Texsun Member

I would chime in, but normally end up getting in heate debates over this sort of situations. Keep in mind that I am very tactically/military minded. I choose fight over flight 9x outta 10

42. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

And I respect your thoughts. Did you not read the disclaimer up top? If you can't agree with what another person says then GTFO and this thread will aim to keep it that way. I've ensured with the mods that if it got out of hand it will be deleted although they try not to.

Heated debates are one thing but getting out of hand and disrepecting another's thoughts is just absurd and goes 100% against what this country is built on. I don't agree at all with our current POTUS but the country as a whole thought different....therefore I have to respect that even though I don't agree with it is one example.

43. b reel

b reel Active Member

I think napalming Mecca during the Haj would be better. Then build a Smithfield hog farm and bacon processing plant to finish it off. Kind of makes up for all the mosque's built on old Christian churches don't you think?

44. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

plus...bacon

45. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

More bacon makes me a happy 'merican.

46. AFSil80

AFSil80 New Member

A true soldier/warrior's view?

Exterminate the village. Wipe it from the face of the earth and all history tied to it. If that means doing the same to the neighboring village, so be it.

That's a true warrior mindset. But because we live in a 'moral' society these days, we can't do that anymore. Someone forgot to mention that to the Muslim extremists, though. They still live by the Crusade/Jihad mindset of convert or kill. Must be nice.

47. Mad Mallard

does it matter if the apology was after rioting started, but before embassies were attacked?

because thats the fact, too.

-----------

I dunno... I guess my biggest problem with us being in the cheap-seats here is that some people in the stands are making their views and stating their case from the idea, the premise if you will, that all cultures are equal.

48. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

They were trying to quell the riots. However they were idiots for not shutting the gates and even more idiotic for not having ample security for an embassy in a known hostile area.

49. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

And what will that solve? Then you will have issues with most all the neighboring sand countries. Egypt? Iran across the middle east?

Kill them off just like Bin Laden sorta almost killed us economically (his sole goal was to send us in a frenzy to spend spend spend therefore jeopardizing our economy). Starve the economy and quit funding it with the billions that are being sent over there.

50. Texsun

Texsun Member