just moved from IL

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by mugenknockoff, Oct 2, 2012.

1. mugenknockoff

mugenknockoff Member

Hello Everyone!

My name is Jack. I have recently moved to Glenwood Park from Southern Illinois for a job with a fitness company that owns/operates Snap Fitness gyms. I'm an admin and special projects team member. My girlfriend and I moved in only about a week ago, and I'd like to meet some new people to hang out with, especially since I don't know anyone in the area. I have a white '11 STi hatch that I'm trying to keep mostly stock. My civic, which is still in Illinois, has been an absolute money pit, and i think it will be nice to have an actual OEM+ car this time around. The car looks completely stock, with flaps and 20mm spacers. It is stg2 with a cobb airbox, catless downpipe, 3-port boost solenoid and a custom single exit exhaust made by Level 7 Motorsports, which is my friends shop in Southern Illinois. My civic was a booth car for his shop at IA Summer Meet 2011. The STi was tuned by Junior at P&L motorsports in Chicago. The car made 330whp/380wtq on their dynojet just a couple weekends ago. I thought 200whp in my EK was fun, but i was mistaken. I look forward to getting to know some of you, and hopefully joining you in some of your upcoming get togethers. Thanks for the warm welcome!

2. yerrow

yerrow Active Member

willkommen!

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome! check out our bi-weekly dinner meet thread (we just had one tonight), also a lot of us go to the Petit Leman's race which is coming up on the 20th at Road Atlanta.

4. Jake

Jake Active Member

welcome, any pics of your rides?

5. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Welcome to the boards. Great bunch here.

6. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

Welcome!

7. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

8. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

welcome to the community, Jack!

:wavey:

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  9. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

Welcome to the boards, again, Jack!

10. mugenknockoff

mugenknockoff Member

Thanks everyone. Ill try to make the g2g on the 16th. I'll be that one guy that shows up alone and doesn't know anyone, all creepy weirdo style. My PC, which is still in IL, has all of my car pictures on it and i don't have a photobucket, so this one of my EK off of my facebook will have to do for now. I'd also be down to lend a hand and drink some beers on an install day if that kind of thing happens from time to time. I'm not really forum savvy so i often overlook those sort of things. I'm in Glenwood Park if anyone is close by.

Attached Files:

• car.jpg
      car.jpg
      File size:
      93.2 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

12. blaster

blaster my other ride is your mom Supporting Member

Welcome, neighbor. I'm just a ways east on Glenwood, near the golf course. I'm sure I'll see you around.

13. Cruz5350

Cruz5350 Member

Dude it's Tony I went to SIU! What are you doing down here!

14. I work at the fellinis in Decatur, so come by and get pizza sometime. I live in midtown which isn't far.

15. W84Spool

W84Spool New Member

Welcome !!!

16. jrat

jrat Member

Just came across this thread - where in Southern IL? I'm from Belleville - went to SIUE!

17. tallgeese2

tallgeese2 Member

welcome! nice civic

18. mugenknockoff

mugenknockoff Member

I'm from Carbondale. SIUC graduate. I even have the Alumni plates on the Subaru!