Karma/Kevin's 04 WRX Project

Discussion in 'Member Journals & Project Build Stories' started by Karma, Oct 23, 2012.

1. Karma

Karma Member

I think its about time I post one of these. I Bought this car back in March to get rid of my Mazda 6 and so I could finally begin to get some hand on experience with mechanics. I plan on keeping this car for at least 2/3 more years, and replacing most of the parts on it. Its been a POTA(Still is) but its definitely worth the knowledge and experience I have been gaining. But I absolutely love these cars and I am very happy I purchased one.

Special Thanks to Brandon, Wes and the Allpro crew. Been giving me advice and helping me out with my car problems since the first day I had the car. I cant thank you guys enough.

First Day
    [​IMG]

Now
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Current mods:
    -Rebuilt Ej205
    -Spt air intake
    -Spt turbo inlet
    -DW 850cc injectors
    -Walbro 255 fuel pump
    -Grimmspeed EBCS
    -3" Perrin Down pipe
    -Spt catback exhaust
    -Road tune by Steven(h23bb2)

And many many more to come..

2. b reel

b reel Active Member

Interesting color choice, wrap or paint?

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

hmm i think its the same trick that my car is wearing...

4. Karma

Karma Member

Yeah its just plastidip. Wanted to try it out. I ended up running out of paint, so it needs more coats + the color is really bright, so I might add black next time.

5. Justinmysti

Justinmysti Member

lol you plast-dipped your entire car.....nice. how'd you finger feel after that painting period.

6. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

you can buy it by the gallon and run it through a paint sprayer/gun

7. Karma

Karma Member

Used a gun so my fingers were good lol. But it was a pain the first couple times around...

8. Sparta

Sparta Active Member

9. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

10. Karma

Karma Member

Yeah... white may look nice but, for a DD it would be annoying to keep clean. It actually holds up great, I still need to add 2 more coats or more to smooth it out and make an easier peel.

11. Scrowley

Scrowley Member

That looks pretty awesome, I hope it doesn't eat your clear coat, though. I've heard of that happening on a few cars.

12. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Nice Crawford Performance look. I can see you ran out....the passenger doors are bleeding through.

13. 04subiwrx

04subiwrx Member

How many gallons did you use? Also how many coats

14. Karma

Karma Member

Thank you. And I highly doubt it will.

Thank you. Yeah.. that and the texture annoys the hell out of me. But first time for everything right?

I used 3 Gallons, and I would say 3 maybe 4 coats in some areas from touch up.

15. whtwrx11

whtwrx11 Member

Nice meeting you tonight Kevin. Car is looking great!!

16. Karma

Karma Member

Yea it was nice to meet you and your brother in law. Thanks!

17. Jester

Jester New Member

Karma,

Looks awesome!!! I sent you a pm if you can hit me up when you get a chance.

-Jester