Thoughts of Amendment 1?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by mattprzy, Nov 3, 2012.

1. mattprzy

mattprzy Active Member

I'm not sure how i feel about this. At first I was thinking yes, more options for schools, but I keep hearing negative things about it. Tell me, what the heck is this amendment going to do? Is the money used for it going to stay in state?

2. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

I've heard absolutely nothing about it....Care to share a link?

3. b reel

b reel Active Member

It is the Georgia Charter school amendment on the upcoming ballot.

4. techlord

techlord Active Member

If I read correctly voting yes takes the decision making from the union school board and puts it into the governor's/legislatures hands. Something along those lines

5. b reel

b reel Active Member

Just another State Government entity to siphon yet more taxpayer money. How about parents take the initiative to supplement their children's education with something more than sports, the arts, and other extracurricular activities. The last thing we need is another star quarterback, reality TV star or community organizer.

6. b reel

b reel Active Member

It's sad when only 60% graduate from HS in a metropolitan area and maybe 50% in rural areas of Georgia. What parents should push for is Federal and State tax dollars follow the child not the system and give the right to the parent to use that money to offset the cost of a private education if the public schools suck.