CCW Discussion

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by wagunz_pwn, Nov 27, 2012.

1. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Bump for a gun that, even though it would be illegal without a holster/sleeve...will literally fit in the coin pocket of your jeans.

2. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

if this is like the Kel-Tec .380, you can get a 'clip' holster

Joe

3. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

4. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Why would it be illegal?

Bump.

5. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

To conceal carry in GA, you need to have some sort of holster/sleeve/clip device. You can't just shove it in your pants and go about your day.

6. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Wow sucks to be in GA. And piss on GA for not honoring SC's CCW permits.

GLWS--I have the Keltec version and it's a GREAT little gun that is stupid easy to conceal. It's my carry piece of choice simply because of it's small footprint.

7. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

bumpity

8. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

First post makes no sense to a new reader......mod must be bored.

9. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

thanks for reopening, brett, had a general question about ccw in ga

This is bad, b/c i have a permit, and i keep a gun in my car, but I have absolutely no idea what the laws are for the permit. When applying, they literally took my cash and handed me a card. When i asked if there were any laws, policies, etc I could look at to know what was and wasn't allowed, I was told by the officer that they are not allowed to disclose, as they are enforcers of the law, not interpreters (LOL) and that was against their policy.

I've never heard of the holster policy, or read any policies dictating what is and isn't legal. I've figured it's always better to be judged by 12 than carried by 6, and i'd cross that bridge when the time came.

So...I guess open this to discussion?

10. 07Ltd#767

it was reopened to discuss, I juts didn't have my reply typed out. Actually typed one out in cohen's thread, but he closed it before i could hit reply and lost the original

11. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Well in all honesty anyone that carries without a holster is a careless ignorant idiot. Cause if you carry smart then you carry chambered and cocked ready to fire. Therefore a holster is smart insurance against accidental misfire from other objects pulling the trigger (child/pen/keys/etc).

Which opens another discussion of having other crap in the same pocket as the firearm itself. LOL.

12. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Oh and are the laws no openly written in Ga? Here in SC we have a website we can go to for any and all laws pertaining to CCW permits and such.

13. integroid

integroid Supporting Member

I am with you...I had no idea it had to be in a holster to conceal carry. I always keep a loaded weapon in my car as well.

14. 07Ltd#767

mine isn't holstered in my car. It's chambered, cocked with the safety on, and it's located in a location that's easily accessible from my driver seat, so i can have it in seconds. I'm pretty sure the bad guys aren't going to wait for you to get it out of your glove box and remove the holster before reacting...

mine is just more in general when it's allowed by law to brandish and use. For instance, if I'm at a stop light and the person next to me gets crushed, then the person at fault decides to go mental on the victim. Do you have any ground to stand on by trying to intervene?

edit - by mental, i mean physically going after the victim and causing harm, not verbal abuse

15. 07Ltd#767

16. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

My statement was geared towards carrying on your person without holster fyi....should've stated that.

We embalmed and buried a 8 yr old that got shot because their dad didn't have his gun holstered. It fired when he sat down due the keys pulling the trigger and shot both himself and his kid.

17. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

18. Jake

Jake Active Member

This is where Texas blows Georgia out of the water. They require all CHL permit holders to take a class which entails 4hrs in a classroom over the laws and 4hrs at the range on proficiency. And then a lengthy background check and approval process.

19. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Same here in SC.

20. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

I believe that you will have every right to protect the person who is being targeted with physical harm, but not with a firearm and not unless you feel that your life is in serious danger.
    But then there's also the part where someone else's life is in danger, so what could you do?
    I looked up a bit on self-defense laws in GA and georgiapacking.org is actually a site that some of the police officers that come into the store recommend when it comes to wanting to learn the laws and regulations on CCW as well as when and where a firearm can be discharged.

21. Smokin_Joe

Smokin_Joe Member

same in NC

also, i refer to http://georgiacarry.org/ for information.

http://www.georgiapacking.org/law.php

Joe

Last edited: Nov 27, 2012
  22. 07Ltd#767

okay, so i intervene, then i get my ass kicked, then what? there's the catch-22, and the question that nobody can answer outright. I should've carried my gun, which would've been illegal, but then i would've defended myself, which would be legal.

23. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

lol bitch

24. orndog

orndog Member

In TN, even if I am on school grounds, if I use my weapon to defend myself or another person from a threat to life, I cannot get in trouble.
    That was TN, I am now in GA and in need of getting a GA permit.

25. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

26. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

If they are not a threat to you or your families life, then no.

27. orndog

orndog Member

Is that the law in GA? It was NOT in TN. In TN I had a right to use my gun to protect another person's life as well.

28. scoobaru

scoobaru Active Member

It's important to be extremely cautious and judgemental in a situation like that. I can't say I'd just walk away if I saw someone threatening a complete strangers life though.

29. Jake

Jake Active Member

GA is also not a Castle Law doctrine state. TN and TX are. if anyone crosses the threshold in your house, you can shoot first and ask questions later

30. superdoughboy4

superdoughboy4 Active Member

There's the answer to 07Ltd's question. You have to REASONABLY believe that a life is in danger or in danger of serious harm. That is, of course, a kind of relative area.

31. Jake

Jake Active Member

best to also have witnesses. if its just you and an assailant, best to run your ass off. we were taught, make it undoubtedly clear you're intentions before you do them if faced with a decision to shoot an assailant. like 'back the fuck up or i will shoot your ass' audible to any and all around you. then he has NO EXCUSE if for some reason your shooting sucks

32. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

The number 1 thing they taught in my CCW class is that you are NOT the law. If someone that is not your immediate family is involved with a situation that 'at the point of witnessing' is NOT life threatening to you, and you decide to intervene then you accept responsibility for possibly 'escalating' said situation. (sorry for the run sentence).

It's a fine fine line and I don't agree with the law stating you are not the law and to be 'ignorant' but beware that you can and likely will be held as an instigator and if you shoot/kill someone in said situation you likely will be tried for murder.

THIS. My instructor said to make sure there are witnesses. And to give a LOUD and FAIR warning that you are armed and will fire if you decide someone else's life is in immediate danger of being ended.

Here in SC we also have Castle Doctrine. Once you step foot into the 'living' area of my home forcably (meaning there has to be proof that you forced yourself into my home without my permission ie busted window, broken door, etc) , I can fairly shoot first and ask questions later. Now if I invited you in and I later get pissed at you over something then that does not apply.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2012