Be on the look out Green and Carbon STI

Discussion in 'General Community' started by slowwrx, Jan 29, 2013.

1. slowwrx

slowwrx Supporting Member

As some of you guys probably know or have heard through the grape vine, I built the 06 STI to run One Lap of America again this year.

Well Sometime between Thursday night and Monday afternoon it was stolen from our apartment complex.

I don't have pictures of it in it current configuration but it should be pretty easy to spot.

The chassis itself is Flat Green, it has Carbon Doors, Trunk, Hood, Custom Carbon Front Splitter (Its huge) Carbon rear diffuser(also huge), Giant carbon wing (almost level with the roof line)

Volk TE-37s in white, Neova AD08 Tires

RCE T2 coilovers
    Stoptech Big Brakes (Red)
    Built engine Obviously
    Dom 1.5 Turbo
    Exedy Triple Carbon Clutch
    Aluminum Driveshaft
    Carbonetics Rear Diff

Sparco Pro2000 seats in Carbon
    5 point harnesses

Radio had been replaced with a custom gauge\fuse panel

No Carpet, No Back Seat

If you see the car call the cops, obviously there aren't a whole lot of STIs running around that look like this. You can follow them at a distance but don't approach them.

I built this car to go back to OLOA this year, I even called Scott earlier this year and asked him to Co-Drive. I only have standard comprehensive insurance on it plus a little bit to cover aftermarket parts. Its no where near enough to replace the car. Hell it won't replace the car and the wheels.

I was considering looking for better insurance before all this happened Beth and I even talked about it over the weekend.

This last year has really sucked personally and this isn't making it any better.

We all know the reality of the situation, the car is most likely in a chop shop somewhere so keep an eye out on the local forums for parts that might match the descriptions.

I'm not really sure what to do beyond this, my heart says drive around like a mad man looking for it but the reality is I'm not even hopeful at this point. Its downright depressing.

2. SonicBoom

SonicBoom Active Member

Jeebus man! Sorry to hear that.... Impossible to hide. If they are dumb enough to drive it around, someone will spot it for sure. I hate people.

3. crazyazn

crazyazn I like naps Staff Member Supporting Member

damn Matt really sorry to read about this. I'll definitely be on the look out. Hope it can be recovered intact.

4. slowwrx

I hope so as well. I sold off most of the bugeye to fund it. So currently all I have to drive is the truck, which really sucks.

5. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn dude...I'll keep my eyes open. That's definitely hard to miss!

6. Trancetto

Trancetto Active Member

Sorry for your loss. I will keep my eyes open.

7. Drowland87

Drowland87 Staff Member Supporting Member

Damn man. Sorry to hear that! What area exactly is the apartment so people know around where to look?

8. slowwrx

I'm off Powers Ferry near 285. Not exactly a high crime area.

9. slowwrx

So Marietta
    Near Windy Hill

10. Tireboi

Tireboi Member

Dam sorry to hear Matt. ill stay on the lookout on nasa/scca forums.

11. Matt

Matt Think before you post Staff Member Supporting Member

Nothing on roadraceautox.com yet

12. slowwrx

Yeah I've already searched just about everywhere. I haven't seen anything yet.

13. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

Damn Matt. Really sorry to hear this. I'll keep an eye out.

14. slowwrx

Thanks man.

15. techlord

techlord Active Member

fuck dude what a bummer!
    I'll keep an eye out on craigslist for parts showing up. I doubt the douchebag(s) are driving it.

16. slowwrx

Yeah, I was hoping to take my brother on OLOA this year. Thought it would be a good time, I don't see anyway to make it happen now.

17. wagunz_pwn

wagunz_pwn Active Member

Fuck.

Is there any chance that the complex had it towed?

18. slowwrx

That was the first thing I checked. Went to the office and checked and called the tow company.

19. Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_2 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A551 Safari/8536.25)

I'll keep an eye out. That really sucks man, my buddy had his 240 stolen 4 times. People can be scum.

20. double posted oops.

Last edited: Jan 29, 2013
  21. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Man that sucks. It's gotta be fairly difficult to move a car like that right?

22. slowwrx

The cops said to hope someone stole it to Joyride around in it. He said if not then its probably in a chop shop.

23. Electioneer

Electioneer Member

Sorry to hear Matt. I'll keep an eye on Nasioc when im over there.

24. slowwrx

Yeah I've been watching over there. If its getting stripped I'd be surprised if something doesn't pop up eventually.

When my 240 was over at Batlground it got broken into one night and they stole the AEM and a bunch of little stuff, not even enough to justify making a claim. The AEM showed up about 3 years later for sale on 240 Atlanta, I just happen to remember the serial number. I called the cops and they went and got it but they basically did nothing to the guy that had it.

25. J_P

J_P I like pudding pops Supporting Member

I'll keep an eye/ear out as well. Not much pisses me off more than fucktards stealing your hard earned money.

26. Matto357

Matto357 Crazyazn likes Naps Staff Member

Must have been a hell of a joyride.

27. UpSideDownDesi

UpSideDownDesi Active Member

Sorry to hear for the loss. Hopefully they will be stupid enough to post parts quick or the shell. Last time I found a member's stolen STI posted up on C-list locally in GA, 5 miles for where it was stolen.

28. WRboXer

WRboXer Active Member

Sorry to hear this Matt. Eyes peeled.

29. slowwrx

Thanks guys, I talked to Sanders and he recommended watching craigslist for the surrounding states. He says that how car thieves and chop shops move a lot of parts.

30. Sorry to hear Matt. I too will keep an eye out for you. One thing you may want to do is post a WTB on craigslist and see if anyone bites, use some of your parts as bait.

31. slowwrx

Thats not a bad idea.

32. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

It's probably within 2 miles of where it was stolen from. Wasn't Drew's Acura like right down the road?

Have you driven around into every freaking road in a 2 mile radius? Maybe google map a bike ride and let a exercise app track your route....that way you don't miss anything.

33. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

The acura was .2 miles from the house. They didn't even joyride in it

34. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Surprised you guys didn't find it yourselves!

35. slowwrx

It sucks, I know its an apartment complex but I've felt pretty safe here up until now. I leave my bike in the truck or on the rack all the time when I'm just running inside for a few minutes. I've never even been remotely concerned about it getting stolen.

Dumb on my part I know. We are going to start looking for a new place to live soon, our lease is almost up and we need something with a garage. Apartment life is not for me. I'm not even sure I can deal with a Condo, its probably going to have to be a house.

36. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

it was behind some abandoned house one street over, couldn't see it from the road.

They found Kakies car 8 months later about 45 minutes away, missing one wheel / tire and completely trashed

37. slowwrx

Also I drove around over here for a while and looked, checked out all the obvious spots but there isn't a whole lot of ghetto where I'm at.

I drove over to Spring rode and checked over there, I went and looked over off Delk but didn't see anything.

38. 07Ltd#767

07Ltd#767 The Neighborhood Drunk

i felt the EXACT same way. Having your car stolen is one of the most empty feelings you can have inside. We used to give our garage codes out to good friends that were over all the time, never thought anythign about it. When something of that level happens, it makes you re-evaluate everything in your life.

39. slowwrx

I've had cars broken into before and that sucks.

But I've put way to much work into this project to just let it go.

I keep flopping back and forth between hopeful and depressed. It just seems unlikely that Ill get it back, so what am I supposed to do after that....start over. I don't have the funds for that anymore it would take me three years to build that car again. Three more years of being poor and living in a apartment, Beth might actually murder me.

40. CelticPride

CelticPride Banned

Don't take this the wrong way because this massively sucks but maybe it's a wake up call to shift some priorities around.

There's a reason I didn't simply spend $1500 to fix my WRX and just simply cut my losses and let it out. The years since seeing that WRX on the rollback headed to Atlanta has been the best and most prosperous years yet.

41. slowwrx

You are right it is for sure. Since we closed the construction business I've done nothing but play around. The only reason I started building engines is so I could have some money for the car and to have some spending cash.

Beth makes enough right now for us to live fairly comfortably though not as comfortably as we would like. But I really wanted to run One Lap again and she was going to let me do that which was awesome. I knew we wouldn't win overall but I thought for sure I had the setup to got Top 5 this year and win our class.

This is the last shot at OLOA for me for a while. If the car isn't found I won't build another one. Ill probably buy another Subaru and keep it real basic, that way I can drive it everyday and still do track days and instruct with Scott when I have a chance.

Its probably time I take another job in the construction industry and get back to making real money instead of goofing off.

42. techlord

techlord Active Member

if your apt is off of delk by chance hit me up. Maybe I can have security check the cams here at work. There are thousands of them

43. wrxin8or

wrxin8or Mullitt Staff Member

He is off Powers Ferry south of Windy Hill

44. Jake

Jake Active Member

dude this sucks. doubt its out here, but i'll keep my eyes open. im on craigslist almost every day. hope you find the bastards.

45. slowwrx

Thanks Man.

They still haven't assigned the case to a detective as of this morning. I'm hoping they are going to get moving on it soon.

46. Al.SpecB

Al.SpecB Member

That sucks about your car man. A few honda friends use this Facebook group to buy and sell stuff. Maybe It could help you out in tracking some stuff. I hope you get your car back, it sound like you got ALOT of time and work into.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/bstxd/

47. rsutton1223

rsutton1223 Obsessed Supporting Member

It wouldn't be a bad idea to get some pictures up on Facebook that we can all share. There have been a couple of high end race cars/show cars stolen lately that got shared a lot. Every little bit helps. I know I would share the crap out of it... thieves are the bottom of the barrel.

48. slowwrx

I don't have a single picture of the car in its current form. I've searched all my computers and phones. The only thing I really have good pictures of is the engine going together and it looks....like a Subaru engine.

I'm going to put together a list tonight of specific parts that should be easy to spot. What sucks is virtually none of this stuff has serial numbers so even if they do find it I'm not sure what they can do.

The only thing I can think of that has a serial number is the AEM V2 box.

49. RoMe

RoMe Active Member

Dang sucks to hear about the car Matt. Ill keep a eye out for it up here in Kentucky.

50. slowwrx

scratch that I think I may have some on my media center pc, I know I took some.